DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I've just found the hotel on Alpharooms.com for £1211 which now makes the total cost only £1565, for 10 nights, half board, 3 adults & 2 kids.....surely i'm missing something? :que
No catch Keef . You will make a good saving choosing a budget airline but manchester is a long way from Stansted . Have you tried the other budget airlines that fly from Manchester .

It's always best to secure your flight first then you have plenty of time to find the best price on the accomodation . Have you checked the prices on http://www.hotels4u.com as they are part of TC. Also hotelopia who are part of Thomson
The next cheapest is Ryanair from Liverpool, but thats an extra £120.

The stanstead flight leaves at 6:10am so its a drive through the night from home, no traffic so isnt much of an issue.

I'm booking the flight now anyway, cant find the hotel on either of the sites you listed so it looks like alpharooms will do, that'll have to wait til next month though!

Cheers :)
I had just found Ryanair too earlier and then my computer crashed :banghead: .

If the drive isnt a problem then I would go for it . I like easyjet and you could always spend a night at a hotel which includes parking :)

I would say you are about as safe as you are likely to get with Easyjet but with the way things are at the moment with companies going under I would pay extra attention to who you book your accomodation with and dont forget to pay with your credit card for extra security.
Get your flights booked but dont feel you have to rush with the accomodation booking . Good luck Keef and well done on the huge saving .

lyn
Also found it with travel republic and monarch hotels :)
Monarch Hotels is very expensive, but then it is only listing 1 bed apts which is not what we're going for.

Travel Republic is £30 more expensive than Alpharooms.com, not sure which to book with now, Travel Republic lists "total financial protection" thingumybob and to behonest, its seems more reputable thn Alpharooms so i may book with them instead!

Cheers :D
Is there a promotional code still available for Travel republic . There always used to be one Keef that gave an extra 5% discount but not sure if it is still running . There is a promotional code thread running in general tips and advice .

You could try this - Alpharooms code - 50FF for 5% off and somebody has just asked if there are any about for travel republic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56206&start=920
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.