America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I think that the management of the Fountains changed recently so may be that is why Airtours are no longer featuring the complex.

Why don't you have a look through the Airtours and Thomas Cook brochures and see if there is something else you fancy. Then, when you call Airtours, ask if it is possible to go to your alternative rather than Tuscana, mentioning your points on wanting the I.Drive location.

For info; the Sheraton Vistana Resort is opposite the Fountains and the Floridays Resort just slightly further on from the Fountains on thesame side of the road.
Hi Traveller.

Thanks for your advice.

Had already done as you suggested both online and in the brochure, as we want to be prepared for the worst. The only place that's anything like is the Buena Vista Resort & Spa but again this is away from the I-Ride etc - funny thing is that the Tuscana isn't listed at all by them. Part of the problem will be that most of the places along I Drive are motel/hotel chains and we are after a 2 bedroom villa/condo style.

I wasn't aware of any changes to the management at The Fountains - is it still part of the Blue Green Corporation?

3 years ago we stayed at The Bahama Bay which, although fantastic, was well away from everything and you relied on the car for every trip, meal or shopping trip and we seemed to spend a lot of time driving everywhere (as I said I'm the only driver and just sometimes you want a night or two off!!)

I've seen the Floridays Resort, which I believe is between the Fountains and the Publix at Premium Outlets and I have heard of the Sheraton - although I'm not sure if the Thomas Cook group offer these places but I'll do a bit of digging on the internet.

We definitely don't want to cancel the trip as we have already got tickets bought and have a car booked separately from the package - and also my daughter would be devastated!

Thanks once again.
:cheers
Well it finally happened - received a call from my TA just before I was about to sit down to watch the FA Cup Final a week last Saturday!

They had received a new invoice (no letter) from Airtours stating that 'due to contractual reasons' they could no longer place us in the Fountains and were offering us the Tuscana Resort at Champions Gate, which as I mentioned before appears to be in the middle of nowhere. Airtours have alleged that they sent a letter in February to advise us of the changes, guess what...no one's seen a letter!! :duh

After a weekend on the internet we have eventually cancelled our booking with Airtours and got a full refund and have booked flights with Thomsons (flying a day earlier) and have booked separately through the TA to stay at The Fountains!! It's cost us about £100 more and definitely makes a mockery of booking well ahead, we made the original booking in May 2008 and got a 'free' child place!

BTW we thought about booking accommodation separately and keeping the flights that we already had and getting a refund on the value of the hotel and when my TA asked Airtours what the cost of the flights were that we'd booked and they said £2250 (they couldn't say what they were worth back in May 08!), I could have booked the same flights last weekend on the internet for £2000! :que In the end we've got the Thomson flights for £1880 :tup

So in the end we're where we wanted to stay and going a day earlier....7 weeks and counting :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.