Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
forget about the "duplicate invoice". You have emails of the originals and this is good enough. You need first of all to ask to speak to a supervisor as it may be cleared up quite quickly. You can always forward those emails as proof. Let us know what the outcome of this is and if its still not positive then we look at the next stage!
(please note that individuals cannot be named in posts for legal reasons)
Firstly, sorry about naming the individual, I should have thought before posting.

I have today spoken to various departments at Airtours, eventually speaking once again to Programme Management, who said they could do nothing to help as they had not instigated then achange. I was given the number for the Webteam and spoke to someone helpfull there. She asked me to forward a copy of the original invoice (from Sept '06), which I did whilst she was on the 'phone. Upon receipt of my e-mail the lady I was speaking to agreed that there was a change in the accommodation, and therefore the contract.

I was then asked to 'phone their 'Accommodation Management' team on Monday morning, which I will do and keep you all posted of my progress.

Tks for your help so far.

Steve
glad that at least they have agreed that the accomodation is not what you booked. Hopefully Monday will sort things out( but I wouldn't count on it :roll: )
Just a thought as well. Did you have to pay any supplements for the studio, ie: when your original one was to sleep 4 people but now they are reducing it to a 3 person one. Could back up your case even more. Karen
But equally, if you didn't pay an under-occupancy supplement for the second studio that might weaken your case.

SM
Hi Steve, I have noticed from your previous posts that you are staying at Seaview Country Club. I have been on the airtours website checking a booking for 4 adults 2 children in 2 rooms. I am only offered 2 x studio 3+1C (BL). I have checked the breakdown price and there is under occupancy charges, but it doesn't state exactly what for. How did you get a (GF) room as it says they are available at extra charge here.
accommodation Studios on half board can sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child, studios and one bedroom apartments on self catering can sleep up to 3 adults and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children. Seaview and ground floor rooms are available at a supplement

There is no mention of any rooms only holding 3 people. I have stayed in this complex and it is made up of lots of different blocks so maybe there are trying to put you in different ones. I also done a check for only 2 adults and it still brought up 1 x Studio 3+1C (BL). Hope this helps.
Hi Steve,
I have also stayed at seaview in a studio and as far a I could see all the studios are the same. They all sleep 4 people, two beds and 2 sofa beds.
On any web site selling the seaview, airtours,direct or panorama you are only given the choice studio 3+1 C.

I was in a couple of rooms at the complex and they were all the same.

So I don't think you need worry about your kids not fitting into their grandparents room,cos they definately will.

I seems to me like this has just been a mix up of some sort.

Hope you get piece of mind soon
I will speaking to the tour operator again this morning and will keep you posted of progress. In answer to ome of your questions:

We didn't ask for a GF studio, it seems to have been allocated to us, but you will see that in th price breakdown there is a difference in price between the two sets of adult costs. Perhaps we have been charged the supliment without clearly being notified.

We were going to ask for a seaview, but my wife made the booking and forgot to include this request.

We have been charged under occupancy supliments on both studios.

adult basic x 2 total 1208
under occupancy x 2 total 304
adult basic x 2 total 1168
under occupancy x 2 total 304
fuel charge x 4 total 120
apd(eu) x 4 total 20
return transfer x 4 total 60
return transfer x 2 total 30
summer offer x 4 total -120
tour op discount x 1 total -117.30
The following is from the hotels website:-

IMPORTANT NOTE: The studios, and also the one bedroom apartments, accommodate two adults and two children, or alternatively three adults and one child, in addition to a cot. Clients who wish to make a reservation of this type may do so direct with the hotel reservations department, on: seaview@sirenishotels.com; telephone 0034 971 342 132.
Glynis

Have just read your post, looks like all studio's sleep 4, but I will still speak to Airtours to find out exactly why there is a discrepancy in the 2 invoices that I have.

Steve
Steve Click Here for the hotels website. I actually can't see any difference in price on their website for any rooms. Maybe an email to the hotel asking if they charge a higher price for any of the rooms?
This is also on the Hotels description page page. Seems there is a problem with some booking agents:
Description:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The studios, and also the one bedroom apartments, accommodate two adults and two children, or alternatively three adults and one child, in addition to a cot. Unfortunately, due to technical reasons, the Ibiza Hotels Guide on line reservation service does not cover this option, so clients who wish to make a reservation of this type may do so direct with the hotel reservations department, on: seaview@sirenishotels.com; telephone 0034 971 342 132
Karen
Glynis it is Airtours that charge extra for GF see here:
Seaview and ground floor rooms are available at a supplement
Karen
Yes but isn't it a bit of a bummer when T/O's are charging extra when the hotel themselves don't? (that's what I meant in my post - sorry)
Totally agree. Many years ago when we went here we booked S/C. In the travel agents they offered us an upgrade to H/B but they wanted an extra £450 so I said no thanks. When we got there it was an Easter time. Weather was terrible and a lot of the resort wasn't even open, so not many places to eat out etc. We asked in the Hotel about upgrading to H/B. They said no problem and it cost £210 for the week for 4 of us. Karen
My advice don't pay extra for anything. Thats why I usually book DIY. Any requests ie sea view etc, e-mail Hotel direct and ask as they are usually granted and they don't charge for this service.
Flying out to Ibiza tomorrow. Sorry guys, but, I forgot to keep you all updated.
The situation now is that Airtours changed my original booking without making it obvious to me. They simply sent me an adjusted invoice, same cost, but, different accommodation details. I eventually managed to speak to someone at Airtours that knew their arse from their elbow and could give me assistance. The person I spoke to works in the Accommodation Management Team and as it appeared that Airtours had varied our original contract she had to seek advice from another section. Here we go I thought, but, she called me back within 10 mins, as promised, said that there had been a change to the original invoice and that they had broken the contract that we had both enetered into. It seems that Airtours had seen fit to adjust one room size even though that is not what we had booked. I was told that the price on the invoice was actually for the adjusted accommodation, and that the price was also incorrect. For the accommodation that I wanted I should have been charged more. The lady from Airtours added that all mistakes were made by them so my accommodation would be upgraded to that which I had originally requested, at no extra cost of course!!
She has also requested with the hotel that we be given adjacent room and sea views, or pool views if seaviews not available. Will have to wait until we arrive at the hotel to see if we get either of these requests.

Just goes to show that it is worth persevering if you think something is wrong or you notice a change, as I did by chance.

Let you know how the holiday goes when I get back

Thanks for all your advice and help

Steve
Have good holiday, hope all goes well!!!
great result - enjoy your hols
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.