Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
hi welcome.. if you havent read them yet then see themembers resort reports for bar and resteraunt recomendations see the thread towards the top of the page members keep it fairly up to date and there are a few in Alberfura

what other specific info do you want??

wizard
Hi Beadie
We stayed just Albufeira in 2006 and were recommended to eat at Dom Carlos restaurant in Albufeira. We had two fantastic meals there. It only seats about 30 people and offers two set menus, which you can choose courses from either. It is a set price and excellent value. It is not in the town centre but only a short walk. Search for it on the internet you should find it. We are going to Ferragudo this year and can't wait. Hope you have a lovely holiday.
:sun2
Dom Carlos has changed hands since then, I understand the quality is just as good, but the price is higher, and the wine is rather on the expensive side.
we came back from albufeira today we spent 2 weeks there it is very very expensive if your only going for one week then you will be ok the weather at the moment is great :cheers
Hi Superbitch, :)

When you say it was expensive....have the prices gone up or was it more to do with
the rotten exchange rate at the moment please?
Hello beadie, you asked about bars but never said what sort of bar you are after, turn right out of your hotel and walk for twenty minutes and you will come to the Strip. This is were most of the bars for the younger people hang out with Karaoke/music bars and some good restaurants, with so many bars the prices tend to be kept down.
If you turn left from your hotel and down the hill you end up in the Old Town, this still has lively but not so mad as the Strip. One street is know as music street as lots of the bars have live music, the is always something going on in the old town square, but a lot of the bars cash in here with the price of there drinks, up to double the price as if you go round the corner to the 5th of October street (Rue 5 De Outubro) near the tunnel to the sea, some nice restaurants also along this street.

Some restaurant to look out for, Restaurante "O Catraio" rue 5 de Outubro last summer we had a great Fillet Steak for 10 euro's. O Tunnel (left hand stair case near the tunnel) again on the rue 5 de Outubro, next door has live music most nights. right hand side stair case is Casa Da Fonte this has a nice outside terrace. On the way down the hill to the old town is Alfredo's restaurante bar, the street before this on the right as you walk down the hill is local hero Floyds Bar, say hello to Perry the owner and go on a Wednesday for the quiz, good beer and a nice welcome.

Dave
Milly I think its got to be the poor exchange rate, I came home last Saturday and didnt find any difference in prices than previous visits. Makes a big big difference when the euro January/February 2007 was 1.49 and slowly gone down and down since and now down to 1.19.
superbitch73 wrote:
we came back from albufeira today we spent 2 weeks there it is very very expensive if your only going for one week then you will be ok the weather at the moment is great :cheers

Hi SB, if you had have come up and met as all for the quiz night at Floyd's as you had suggested, you would have found out that not everywhere is expensive... ;)
:rofl :rofl :rofl exactley addick especially with your cheap large beers. :tup Jayjan
we did find cheap beers on the strip but as for floyds we couldnt find it until we walked up the hill on wednesday as i forgot where you said it was i apolagise :( but we mostly went down the strip
At least you will know where we are next time SB. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.