Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello.

The weather has definitely been a bit iffy lately (mind you I was in UK this week and had everything hurled at me!) but you should certainly be expecting temperatures around the 68F/20C mark during the day, maybe more. It might feel a bit cool at night especially if it's windy, so an extra layer would be a good idea just in case.

It will certainly be warm enough for the beach when the sun's out. There were people quite happily in and out of the sea last week. The Portuguese think they are all mad and won't themselves go near it until at least June!

Then there's always the chance of a rain shower at this time of year. The good news is that you can usually see them coming up from the south, over the sea. Last week a few sneaky ones came in from the north and there was a bit of unexpected rain.

The Paraiso is a nice hotel (had Christmas Dinner there) but it is a bit of an uphill walk back from the beach.

If you get the chance pop in to see Perry and Karen at Floyd's Bar, Rua Fernao Magelhao, which is about 10 minutes walk from Paraiso where you can play pool, darts and watch any known football game if that's your thing. Quiz night Wednesdays. Closed Thursdays.

Enjoy your stay.
:wave: thanx for the info we cant wait as long as we come back with a bit of a tan that will do me :tup
If you possess bathing caps, it would be as well to take them with you, as they are compulsory in the indoor pool at the Paraiso; they are available for hire there but there is a charge.
:cheers thanx for the info do the men have to wear these caps aswell or just the women :que
They were compulsory for both sexes when we were there a couple of years ago.Things may, of course, have changed since then and, hopefully, it'll be warm enough to use the outdoor pool or the sea, although the Atlantic is never warm in my opinion !!
:wave: thank you as you know this is our first time going to algarve :sun2
superbitch,

Can't wait to read your report when you get home, I'm going to Albufeira next month for the first time.

Anna.
i will let you know as soon as we get back what date are you going
Hi superbitch,

I go 21st May, so I will be looking some tips from you!

Anna.
anna are you taking children with you then i can let you know where we took ours and the different restaurants and of course bars :cheers thanks amanda.
i stayed at this hotel last october, its a great hotel for kids.
can anyone tell me if the rooms at the hotel have a iron or will i have to take my travel iron :que
Superbitch

can you let us know how it is here this year

Im off for my 30th in July with my Mrs and two boys 10 and 4

we usually stay at the Brisa Sol but Fancied a Different hotel this year

Cheers PJ :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.