Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Have been to Sharm once, and found that everything happend around the hotel unless you went into to Naama, which I found a pain as you couldnt walk around at leisure for hassle. Have you thought about El Gouna - have been back twice since we discovered it?

El GOUna is about a 25 minute journey from Hurghada airport and is paradise! It is set amongst blue lagoons, and also a choice of around three sea beaches as well. You can walk about in the evening, either downtown or the up-market marina area, hassle free, yes hassle free!!!!!! On a Friday night and I think Wednesday [?] they have party night in the Marina with really good entertainment - all the cafes have tables outside where you can sit and eat or drink and view the entertainment - flights are normally Friday but its still possible to get there and enjoy! Then I think its Saturday there is party night in downtown area, slightly similar to the marina but some different artists. Tamr Henna also has something on... most bars around downtown have pool tables which are free.

We love it there, and the girls do too! You can get around via taxi for £1.50 anywhere you go, or 50p per person via tuk tuk... an experience noone should miss!

I urge you to try it... I havent come across anyone who hasnt been really pleased with their choice!
I have decided to go to the new Holiday village because there seems to be a lot going on during the day and evening entertainment by a British team.Its not every ones ideal holiday but it saves you going out to Naama bay which we did quite a lot when we went 2 years ago.
I think you'll find the airport a lot easier now that there are 2 terminals. This time 2 weeks ago we weren't far from landing at Sharm. Landed bang on time (8.45 local), and by 9.20 we were outside the terminal with the cases.
Thanks, Ive looked up the Holiday Village and it looks really nice so I quite fancy that one!

Does anyone know if you can fly from Newcastle to that hotel as all that keeps coming up is Manchester flights. Is that because only First Choice use the hotel and only fly from Manchester or am I just looking in the wrong places?
If you're booking a First Choice holiday then don't forget to check ECLIPSE DIRECT in case they're cheaper :wink:

Pippy :D
First choice dont fly from Newcastle to Sharm during the winter but will be next winter when they join forces with Thomson.Thomson and Thomas Cook are the only ones to fly from Newcastle to Sharm this winter.We are going from Gatwick but only because we are spending Christmas with my daughter who lives near Gatwick.When I booked I tried to get the hotel through FC and the flight with Thomson from NCL but it wasnt available,even Thomson had no holidays from Newcastle this month.Nearest airport was Doncaster Sheffield but I find Manchester easier to get to than DS.When are you thinking of going?There was an amazing deal for the dates we are going for only £394 for 2 weeks.It may be worth waiting if you are flexible with dates.
Im trying to go around Monday 7th Jan or a week or so around that, earliest date the 2nd and as long as im back for the start of Feb so anytime between then!! I really like the look of the holiday village so dont know if I should book now or book nearer the time? Cheaper parking at Manchester Airport the sooner I book but could make up for it on a late deal, its currently 648 for 2 weeks all.inc I think that may be the best I can get at the minute!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.