Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi d.straw
we are going early march to cario want to see same things as you, have you tried your hotel for prices?
hi both,it is much easier and cheaper to do it yourself,if you are staying in the middle of cairo a taxi should be about £5-£8 english pounds and entrance to the pyramids is £10,the museum is £4 but you may have to pay a little extra for cameras and flashes £2-£3.i went last year with my other half and two small children,and thomas cook tried to rip me off every time i wanted to go somewhere so i did it myself,then sat in the lobby telling everyone where i booked the trips ,so that the rep would not get the sales :D ,i saved 155 quid flying from luxor to cairo,the trip was excellent.( booked from jollies outside new winter palace ).it is so cheap to get around ,just ask the concierge at your hotel for a reliable taxi driver and get a price for the day( all day ),then tip them both and enjoy yourself,they will take you to their mates shops ,if you don`t want to go in don`t...have fun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.