Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
If you want to be near the sea then Coral Bay is your choice. Tala is a village with picturesque views of the sea. Both have appeal in their own right.

Can recommend George at http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/ He will do you a really good deal, is independent and has no connection to other car hire companies of similar name.

Kath HT Admin
Hi,

I can recommend Leo Opismos Car Hire.

He is very reliable and we have never had a problem yet. Good rates too.

He is situated at the bottom of Ikaria VIllage complex appx. 1km from Tombs of the Kings historic site in Paphos but he will deliver to Paphos airport and collect from there.

He doesn't have a website but if you're interested I'll pm you with his e-mail address and he will give you a quote.

Viv
Thank you, I will look into both of those. I'm now looking at an apartment in Kato. Have emailed the owner to see if it is free for our dates. If anyone has any opinions on that area that's be great. Thanks
Mandy
Hi Mandy,
My website has some info on Coral Bay that might be of interest....eating out, things to do, car hire etc.etc.
"Hi Mandy,
My website has some info on Coral Bay that might be of interest....eating out, things to do, car hire etc.etc."

Ah I've already been on your website. It was me who emailed you this week about booking your apartment but you were booked up for the dates. I've found another lovely apartment in Kato. Just waiting on the owner getting back to me to say whether its available or not.
Thanks though. It has been helpful already :)
Mandy
Jesmic (Jim) is the owner...I think

Coral Bay is a tourist destination and the best but busy beach on this side of the island, lots to do at nights, many bars and restaurants and a few tavernas, walking distance to Coral Bay beach, if your digs are near you will get away without out car hire and only rent for the odd day, this could save you a lot of spending money, also a taxi/bus to Paphos town is about 20 minute drive away, about twenty euro cost by taxi.

If on the other hand you chose the ever expanding Tala village than a car will be essential, it is about five kilometers from the coast, although the coast is visible from this area, I live in Tremithousa walking distance from Tala..

Tala has few very nice small small bars and a couple of excellent restaurants and three maybe four nice local tavernas that all sell local food, Tala in not at all touristy, it is an active village with locals and ex pat population, it is being slightly over developed now but still a favorite place for us as ex pats to use, maybe not the best choice for a holiday if you are looking for night life, but one that I would chose, as I have of course ;o)..

On reflection maybe Coral Bay for that holiday feeling resort, what ever you chose have a great stay..
Hi Funhaven - it has always been our experience that Globespan flights go up in price, and not down, the nearer it gets to the travel date. It seems daft to me, as they have obviously covered their costs and could afford to reduce the prices a bit - but hey its business I suppose :think

Sal
Hi Mandy.Having "actively" been looking at flights for the past few months I can assure you that the prices have gone up significantly and look like they won't be coming down at all.I managed to book mine a few weeks ago and got a good price IMO and glad I committed myself there and then.I have been keeping an eye on flights for friends and been urging them to book before they either get ridiculously expensive or run out of seats altogether.He took the plunge on Saturday and paid £60 more than the day before(£380 from Glasgow!!)
As for accommodation it depends on your budget.The bulk of properties in Coral Bay are villas,very few if any apartments so the prices can be high(but worth it).I don't know much about Tala but as Jim says a car would be needed.If you are happy to stay around your villa/apartment all day and use the village as your nightlife then it would be perfect.There are some lovely properties for rent here at great rates,much cheaper than Coral Bay.As you've probably noticed the majority of rentals is in Kato Paphos,most of these in the Universal Area which is a kind of "purpose built" area made up of small complexes.This area is within walking distance of the main tourist part of Paphos and the main bus route which will take you to Coral Bay so car not needed.You may know all of this already though but hopefully something might be of help.
Kath we hired a car from George last year it was great

Funhaven for me it would have to be Coral Bay , you have a nice beach not as much going on as in Paphos ...don't know anything about Tala
Kath we hired a car from George last year it was great

Excellent Mabs !

Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.