Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Very quiet, not much happening not much open, a continuation of Playa de Palma and Can Pastilla.

Best thing about it is the good bus service in to Palma, Arenal always seems scruffy.

Dave :sun2
thanks David
one thing that confuses me is where does Can Pastilla /Playa de Palma and Arenal start and finish ,they all seem to roll into one :think
Your absolutely right they do, you are as well off in Can Pastilla, some very reasonable hotels in Feb.

Dave :sun2
think ive sussed it :tup
the beach bars seem to be the beginning and endings
Playa de Palma stretches from 'balneario' number 1 at the entrance to Arenal as far as 'balneario' number 15 which marks the beginning of the resort of Can Pastilla.

Thanks
We are off here on Friday

Will update you on drinking holes and eateries and prices

We are not complaining of the price for 4 people in 2 rooms on a half board basic just over £1k including flights from EMA and we priced those independantly at £280 each so............. :wave:
Ok if you can speak German and like German food you're fine

if not then you will enjoy

The Beachcomber bar for late nights
The Hole in the Wall pub for TV
The Sportsman for English food and beer and sky TV (oh yes and Tina has the soaps on too)
for really late nights there is the Naranjo who's owner is English and has free wifi for customers (you need the key from them to get in)
The Blues Bar which only opens after 10pm

There are quite a few shops sho as soon as they realise you're English can't do enough to serve you too though there are a lot of places where the prices are quite a lot higher because the Germans are willing to pay

Good deal is the bus routes 15 (Bendy bus slow route) and 25 (normal and Bendy but normal bus goes on the Autopista) go to Palma they both cost 1€15 each way

Expensive
jetskis and parascending €60 each person
Magic catamaran €56

The beaches are nice and there is the Balinareos which are open all day and most of the night serving food and drink evenly spaced along the beach they are used as navigation points for Bars
madcaravanner, sounds like you had a good time.I take my German dictionary as well as my Spanish just to be on safe side! Were your transfers OK? We go to C'an Pastilla on Saturday, so hope the good weather lasts. CBG
The transfer with Jenabus was good

the four of us in a private transfer and cheap too
Pick up was actually slightly early and just as smooth

willingly recommend them

AND you pay the driver CASH when you arrive at your hotel plus a deposit for the return
then pay the second driver the balance at the airport
madcaravanner

Many thanks for all that information
being as i am going in Feb i will give the jetski`s a miss ta :D
only really bothered about the bars :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.