DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
If you booked online did you print off the confirmation of your booking? Does it state direct flights at the times you booked? If so you really need to talk to Expedia's customer services on 0871 226 0808.

Good luck.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci, yep we have all that information and even still on my Expedia Itinerary it is giving us a direct flight.

But when I check with Iberia using the Iberia ref. number given by Expedia that is where the non direct flight comes into play.
If the confirmation gives you a flight number, rather than a reference number, try checking that on Iberia's site to see what the route is.

Luci I have been on Iberia's site and from what I can see the flight number we have been quoted ends 28th February. It does not seem to exist after that date.
That's rather worrying. I would suggest you give them a call or even email them so that you have something in writing, but I don't know how good they are at replying to emails.

they should answer calls- I've phoned them in the past. Doesn't sound good with that routing and long wait. I hope you manage to get it sorted. I'm surprised that they have not informed you if there has been change in routing. Let us know how you get on
Have been onto Dublin airport website and they list the following direct flights from Dublin. See if anything matches what you have been told. The direct one however looks like the one you were talking about that ends on 28/2

Depart Arrive Carrier/Flight Via Elpsd A/C Frequency Eff. Dsc.
07:15 10:50 EI 0562 02:35 320 M T W Th F S Su 21-02 24-03
07:20 10:40 EI 0562 02:20 320 M T W Th F S Su 25-03 21-08
12:25 15:40 IB 4195 02:15 320 M T W Th F S Su 21-02 28-02
14:40 17:55 XG 1041 02:15 320 M T W Th F S Su 01-03 21-08
17:30 20:50 EI 0564 02:20 320 M W F Su 25-03 21-08

Depart Arrive Carrier/Flight Via Elpsd A/C Frequency Eff. Dsc.
11:20 12:50 EI 0563 02:30 320 M T W Th F S Su 25-03 21-08
11:30 13:15 EI 0563 02:45 320 M T W Th F S Su 21-02 24-03
12:35 14:05 XG 1040 02:30 320 M T W Th F S Su 01-03 21-08
16:30 18:00 IB 4192 02:30 320 M T W Th F S Su 21-02 28-02
21:30 23:00 EI 0565 02:30 320 M W F Su 25-03 21-08

See if this link still works to the above information:- Click Here

If not go to

Flight information
Online Timetable

Enter Barcelona, tick direct only and search.

Have been back on to check for non direct flights and with IB airlines the nearest I can see for a midnight landing is this one:-

Flight No. 0594 Depart Dublin at 15.20 with EI arrive Madrid 18.55.
Flight No 2632 Depart Madrid at 22.15 with IB arrive Barcelona at 23.40

This one ends about March time. There's loads of non direct flights however so you may have to search on the Dublin site until you see your itinery.
Not knowing the specific dates of travel, I can see a direct non-stop Dublin/Barcelona flight operating on summer schedules at 1615 arriving 1930, flight IB5695, duration 2hrs 15mins.

However, there is also a later non direct service showing at 1850 arriving 0030, flights IB3183/IB2612 via Madrid, duration 4hrs 40mins. Is that the one which you now find yourself on, instead of the earlier non-stop flight.

Have you tried Expedia's online contact page, to see if it may provide more success than telephone contact ... CLICK HERE.

David :wave
Hi David :D

I think that because Waterford is from outside the UK she booked with Expedia.com and not Expedia.co.uk (my daughter works for them.......the UK version!)

They are two completely different companies but she says she gets people ringing her all the time not realising this. :shock:
Hi Tootsie ... Expedia.com have a similar online contact page (available here) but hopefully Waterford has since managed to resolve the situation, as it is a couple of weeks since we have heard anything.

David :wave
Sorry I havent been able to reply in a while, I have been having some terrible sign on problems on lots of forums and it wouldnt allow me to leave a reply here. Anyway hubby sorted it last night.

We have had a result. Iberia have agreed to give us a full refund and Expedia have said it will take one to two billing cycles to come through. Fingers crossed it will come through OK. But dont feel too sorry for us eventhough we wont get away this summer we have decided to go to Orlando for Christmas.

However, I wont be using Expedia mainly because I would prefer to book direct with an airline next time. Found it hard to get Expedia to sort out the matter and eventually I had to scream blue murder to get them to return a phone call and let me know what was happening. That was my biggest complaint and they only seemed to deal with my case when I was on the line.
Sorry forgot to add thanks to everyone for their help and those who looked up flight timetables etc.
Glad you got sorted Waterford.........and sorry that you had all the hassle.....my daughter is trying to get another job because she cant stand the company :o
Sorry I havent posted here earlier but having a lot of trouble with my PC and posting on this site.

Thank you every one for you advice and all those who looked up alternative flights.

Expedia actually offered us a full refund and it came through yesterday in our Credit Card Statement.

Well no holiday during the summer this year but we are off the NY & Orlando for 3 weeks in December so that more than makes up for Salou. Again thanks to all.
Ive just booked a hotel with expedia, i normally use travel republic and with them you get a hotel voucher to print off to produce on arrival. With expedia i just got the itinary page and hotel summary, is this the same as TR,s hotel voucher? Do i use expedias itinary page to present to the hotel on arrival similar to TR,s voucher? Also im used to travel republic so are expedia as reliable? Thanks for any clarifications.
I've used expedia a few times in Portugal, I just print off the confirmation and when I turn up at the hotels they've never asked to see it, they only want my passport to confirm the details they already have from expedia. Never had a problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.