General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Irene - been to Prague and loved it - not so keen on Warsaw. We also loved Krakow, taking in the concentration camps and the salt mines. Tallinn was another favourite, and you could take a ferry from there over to Riga as well. Closer to home, we really enjoyed our time in Edinburgh.
Irene We didnt fancy paris either . for years avoided it even though it's the easiest place for us to get to what with our connection for the Eurostar virtually on our doorstep. I dont know what we'd had in our minds but the vision wasnt good . Anyway thought we'd give it a go last year because Dave didnt want to fly and we fell in love with it . Not all all what we had in our heads . Beautiful city . It is very expensive to stay there though .

Prague would be a great option . I Havnt heard great things about warsaw but Krakow , absolutely loved that as did Tallinn in Estonia.
Thanks folks - will look over your ideas and do some homework. Don't think I could go to the concentration camps though.
Hi Irene- what about Amsterdam? Nice and compact for sightseeing and quite a relaxing city- must be all the water ;)
kate
Kate - is Amsterdam an expensive city as far as food and drink are concerned? Whenever I mention it to hubby, he always says it's too expensive, and when my son went there a couple of years ago, he said the same - but to be fair he's not used to going on city breaks and he was on a stag do!
When we went to Amsterdam we didn't find it expensive at all. In fact at all the bars (except one) the same round of drinks was exactly the same price.! Food was very good and really reasonable. Cheaper than London prices I would say.
Thanks Denny - I'll show your reply to hubby tomorrow - and Amsterdam could be back on my "TO DO" list :tup
Hi Irene - have you thought about Barcelona, it's a beautiful city it is not cheap though, but there is so much to do there and would be so romantic, could be second honeymoon ;)
Hi Helen- I guess it depends on your tastes! We found it quite cheap to eat in the squares Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein, but we are talking pub type food, not a la carte. Can't remember about drinks, they weren't remarkably cheap or expensive, but the lager there was very nice- first time I'd drunk lager and enjoyed it for years! Can't you tempt him with the heineken museum?!
kate
If not Barcelona try Valencia - it should still be warm which is a bonus!
Started looking last night at some og your suggestions and Tallin is looking good and very reasonable prices. Then today I saw Christmas markets advertised flying form Liverpool to Tallinn ( would love to do a Christmas market) - would mean not travelling until 19th November :que but as a bonus that is hubbys long weekend and I will ask for the day off whenever we travel.
I was thinking of checking out Amsterdam. Also loke the sound of BArcelano - lots to check out and to be honest I am going to ask hubby where he doesn't fancy and then maybe book as a bit of a surprise. :yikes
Will let you all know what we decide.
Thanks everyone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.