Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
advice please
11 Posts
Which travel company did you book the package holiday, and which hotel please.

All inclusive is usually defined in the brochure as to exactly what it includes. That is the first place to look, or the website if booked on the internet.

Peter
Hi Kayles

You would need to check exactly what had been included in the "all inclusive" as some hotels don't allow everything to be included in this option, e.g. where i go in the costa del sol, if you're all inclusive then room service, mini bar and poolside meals (hot dogs, burgers, quick snacks) aren't included in the all inclusive option, but they do have a sign up in all bars and restaurants and at reception saying that.

Sorry to hear about your belongings being stolen as well, hope you can claim something for them, although i'm not sure what the procedure is if you haven't reported it in the resort.

Leanne
I booked in online through a company called imperial travel, the hotel was Giakalis in Kos it didnt say tha you had to pay to for pool side meals, it gave times the restaurant was open and timnes the poolside bar was open, but nothing about paying for meals and snacks.

I repeorted the thefts to the reception staff but they said they couldnt do anything cos nothing had been handed in, which obviously it wouldnt be if it was stolen!
If you mean THIS company it appears to be acting as an internet travel agent.

Which travel company did you go with please? I can't find the Hotel Giakalis as yet!

Peter
yes, its that hotel.

they are the company that we went with, we flew with first choice but they are the company that we booked the holiday with, all the documentation i have only mentions this company.

I'm not a regular holiday goer and my last holiday was 8 years ago, so i may not have a leg to stand on complaints wise, but I have complained to them but when i got back, 26th July, by email, but they haven't seen fit to answer me, how rude!
Found this

http://www.youtravel.com/hotel_search.asp?HID=1257

EDIT: Post edited for copyright reasons. Link inserted to replace quoted text.
David HT Mod
Did you have a representative at the hotel, in which case which travel company did they work for, please?

Would help if you could provide a link to the web page you were directed to by Imperial Travel before you booked. This should give a description of what 'all inclusive' means.

Peter
it says that imperial travel act as a travel agent for youtravel. com

I booked over the telephone, from a number that my friend had given me, i didnt actually see the website myself.
In which case, according to THIS youtravel website, 'all inclusive' is defined as meals as the described times plus snacks from 16:00-17:00 only and drinks from 10:00-23:00.

Looks to me as if you got exactly what you paid for - sorry.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.