Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
advice please
5 Posts
Only the company concerned can tell you whether they will cover you for Cuba or not - some include it within their Caribbean and north America cover, others don't, so you'll need to to check the terms of the policy you are thinking of taking out.

SM
yea i phoned and stated it was cuba and everything went through
i asked if they were an american company and they said no canadian
If the insurance company says that you are covered for Cuba then I can't see any problems. An American company wouldn't have provided you with cover in the first place because under the terms of the embargo imposed by US Government they wouldn't be allowed remit any money to Cuba to pay for any medical care that might be needed. Lots of Canadians holiday in Cuba and presumably use Canadian insurance companies without any problems.

Do remember to take a copy of your cover notice/policy with you - you are sometimes asked to produce it by the Cuban Immigration authorities on arrival but if you need extensive medical treatment, the hospital will ask for it as well in order to confirm that they will be re-imbursed. If you can't do this they will expect you to pay for any treatment and claim it back from your insurance yourself.

SM
yip the operator told us to keep insurance documents in hand luggage as they sometimes do spot checks thanks :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.