Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Unfortunately there is little you can do about the lost bit, maybe attach details of your flight number and hotel to the outside and inside of the box.

Also double/treble secure the box with duck tape before you wave it goodbye.

What would happen if it got lost??? well you would wear your "back up" frock that you had packed in another suitcase ;) not what you wanted but at the end of the day its the man not the dress you intend to marry........

Hope it goes well, we are longing for a couple of our friends to get hitched abroad so we can experience what looks like a wonderful occasion on the tv programs we have seen.

Good Luck :tup
My advice is to get a mini carry on suitcase that is within the dimensions for hand luggage and ask the bridal shop to wrap the dress up nicely in the case for you. I used to work in a bridal shop and we did this for a lot of brides. It can be folded in a way to reduce as much creasing as possible with special tissue paper. It will count as your hand luggage but i'm sure that'll be the least of your worries.
Laura1988 wrote:
My advice is to get a mini carry on suitcase that is within the dimensions for hand luggage and ask the bridal shop to wrap the dress up nicely in the case for you. I used to work in a bridal shop and we did this for a lot of brides. It can be folded in a way to reduce as much creasing as possible with special tissue paper. It will count as your hand luggage but i'm sure that'll be the least of your worries.

Thats a gread idea! Problem solved ? :)
thanks for all your advice :)

Laura1988 wrote:

This is what I mean, when i phoned Thomas Cook they said that wedding dresses go in the hold, and i've been phoning around wedding dress boxes places and they said they dont even have a wedding box that will fit thomascooks carry on requriements.

I suppose I could instead use one of those mini suitcases that people use and ask the bridal shop to wrap it for me.

thanks again, problem solved ;)
TC's hand baggage dimensions are VERY small and you might struggle to get a cabin case that size.

luci :wave
Hi Yummy Mummy

Not sure if this is any better or worse than what you have already but take a peek.

http://www.dressinabox.co.uk/DressInABoxProducts.htm

:cheers
We got married in Malta last year and Air Malta couldn't give me a straight answer on whether I could take my dress on board or not. In the end, I rolled it up fairly loosely in a garment carrier and put it in my hold luggage. Thankfully our luggage arrived ok and it wasn't too creased! Good luck with whatever you decide, and with the wedding too!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.