Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, for vegi restaraunt try the Plantain Leaf in Calangute. Should cost you about 50 rps in a tuck tuck from Baga to get there. All the taxi and tuck tuck drivers will know it and the food is brilliant. There are restaraunts that look nicer but have not found one with better vegi food. Locals also use this place so that to me is a good referance. B
Basil, haven't stayed at the riverside but have seen good reports somewhere,or spoken to someone who stayed there who was satisified.
location is very good!
eating out is easy for veggies. the plantain leaf in calangute is recommended also Citrus in Baga used to be good but has changed hands now --so, ?
ANY restaurant will be able to offer several veggie options.
Near to where you are staying is an italian (just up the road, over the bridge) think it's the little italy (but there are two , so it can be a bit confusing) that is v. good. If you go there save room for the dessert special-- chocolate bombs.
can't help with day trips etc. as we tend to do nothing and go nowhere.
money , there is a big thread on here somewhere about this.
For myself I take Travellers cheques for safety, some sterling and some rupees, plus visa card for gold etc and my Nationwide debit card.
Everyone will tell you that you cannot get rupees here in the UK, but you can if you ask around. (very poor exchange rate though)
I would imagine that the hotel will have exchange facilities anyway, so if getting rupees at the airport I would restrict myself to round £50.max
In all honesty, 3 years ago I was asking the same questions and having the same worries-----forget 'em, it will be magic!!
enjoy.

del949
I think thisis what del was talking about riverside guest house. Also mytravel

MrsMac
Hi

I have stayed at the Riverside Regency which is part of the Riverside Guest house but is on the other side of the river. Quiet location and very handy for Baga. Don't try to cram too much in otherwise it wont be much of a holiday, give yourselves a couple of days off! India has got to be the best place on Earth for veggie food, I love meat but some of the veg dishes are outstanding. Little Italy in Calangutte is a good veggie place not to be confused with J&A's Little Italy which is just down the road from the Riverside. A week is not enough but I am sure you will have a great time.
Hi Basil

I've stayed at the Riverside Guest house for the last 2 years and will be back there again this year. It's in a great location the people are great the food is great my favourite is the mushroom and goats cheese balti (emmmmmm now I can't wait - 5 more weeks to go). It is basic accomodation but it is clean and if you do have any problems they are more than willing to put it right. I am now having images of me sitting on the balcony over looking the river watching the kingfishers diving, oh it's fantastic you will love it I can't wait!!!!

Hope this helps

Donna
XX
PS
We also use the Squueze shack down the beach tell Sonni and the boys Donna says hi and we will see them soon!
Have a great time!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.