Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi I can't speak about Aegean Dreams because I have not been there, although I have read many good reports about it. There is a thread called good AI for 2007 or something?

However, I went to the Belcekiz beach In Olu Deniz in July this year, and it has to be the best hotel and resort in Turkey we have stayed in.
We have also been to Sarigerme and Bodrum.

The hotel has won many gold medals from Thomson,and I can see why.
It is in a idyllic location, the beach on your doorstep and is right in the middle of Olu Deniz resort. There are lots of shops and restaurants to choose from.
Love Olu as a family resort. Felt it was very safe, and not too hassly. We have 2 girls 15 and 9 and they agreed it was their best holiday ever.
Check out the reviews, they are fantastic.
Good luck with whichever you decide upon, dont think you can go wrong with either going on the reviews.
I would say Olu Deniz has a better beach than Turgetries, but I believe the water sports are free at A D Resort, so I suppose its down to what you want most from a family holiday. :D
Hi :D

I also went to the Belcekiz Beach this summer with a 13 and 11 year old. Its a great hotel and I would recommend it. One of the strenghs of the hotel is the location, you can walk into Olu Deniz, get the Dolmus up to Hisoranu (10mins) and Fethyie(30mins). There is the beach although this is shingle and shelves, but there is also the lagoon which is very safe for children.

Also the food at this hotel has been described as outstanding. The Thomson rep said that all the reps want to work there because its so good!

The only problem for families of 4 plus are there are no family rooms, only rooms for 3 (and this is 2 twins and a smallish sofa bed), so you need at least 2 rooms.
Hello
I went to the BB last august and again this year so I guess its pretty clear that I like it. I have however booked for the Aegean Dream this year !
I can only echo what suesien and Doe have said. Without doubt the best family hotel I have stayed at. Everything is "right" from the stunning location,lovely pool, proximity to the town - 1 minute, friendly, hardworking staff, cheesy entertainment, food and cleanliness.
The beach at Olu is lovely to look at but very stony and shelves quickly, however you have the lagoon and private beaches on your doorstep with free transport if you want it.Plenty of bars and restaurants but not many (1 I think) nightclubs. We didn't want clubs but there are plenty in Hisonaru if you do.
The only drawback with the BB is that there are no family rooms.
I can see us returning one day
Lally :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.