General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Maybe pure aloe vera gel would be a good idea ? you can buy it in Holland and Barrett
I have a little bit of excema and find avon works a treat
All depends on what makes his ezcema flare up. My daughter cannot have anything with parfum in. Palmers cocoa fragrence free is fine on her skin and does the same job or as a previous poster aloe vera. Nels
Took the grandaughter a couple of year ago and her's broke out all over it was a right mess nothing was clearing it up, then got talking to a lady at the pool and she said her son use's the dove cream in the tub she very kindly let us have a spare tub she had and within 2 day's she was completly clear so we now use nothing else keep's her skin so soft and excema free, have told other's and it has worked also for them.
I suffer from eczema and on occasions - especially when the humidity is really high - suffer badly (this last couple of weeks at home my eczema has been awful). For the last few years, I have used Avon aftersun. Find it really good as a moisturiser too. Definately recommend a patch test first, but ive never had any problems with it. All of the Avon sun care range is brilliant (im not an Avon rep by the way). Good luck, I know how awful it is to find products that dont aggravate the condition :tup

Sarah :)
Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply, will give them all a go :) x
its not an aftersun, but doublebase is really good, and keep it in the fridge, one of my girls suffers with excema and i use on all of mine on hols. Its like a gel cream =) so cools nicely
To be honest, all aftersun does is rehydrate and moisturise the skin - so for eczema sufferers, it's better if they just carry on using their normal moisturising body lotion (I particularly like Aveeno). If the skin gets a wee bit burnt or tender, try using aloe vera gel which you can get from the health shop (it's 99% pure aloe vera gel).

Jak xx
Aveeno's cream is the only product that has helped my eczema, so I'd second Jakki's opinion.
Aveeno cream is a godsend, ill third that too :) I still use aftersun for a few weeks after my holiday to prolong my tanned bits but aveeno on the other bits ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.