Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
10 minutes max from Haraki beach, probably about 20 from Agathi. The best (in my opinion) restaurant in Haraki - Da Vinci's is probably about 7 minutes away. Don't know the accommodation, but most in Haraki comes under Greek 70s/80s basic!

Enjoy it - try Haraki by Night for a drink, seemed less British than the other bars!
Thank you Elenitsa - thats a great help. Can't wait to get there and just relax - will definitely try Da Vinci's.
Moved to correct forum

wizard
Hi

When are you going to Haraki?

We will be there 14 - 21 Ocotber our 5th time, we were there in July.

A friend of ours stayed in Agathi Studios, and as was stated before they are basic but Haraki is so beautiful and friendly you won't be in your accomodation much.

Da Vincis is a love resturant there pasta is to die for, but when you walk from your accomodation down into Haraki you will pass Manolis and Dina Grill.

This in my opinion is the best. From the BBQ or Dina's oven you will not be disappointed., and you will be made to feel very welcome.

If you call tell Dimitira that Sarah and Colin recommended their place to you. The whole family are great friends of ours.

We drink in Haraki Dreams on the front where Mike and Athena are fantastic hosts and again great friends of ours, Vangellis will also be there he helps with the drinks and does Greek dancing.

You will not be disappointed with your holiday, many people return year after year (like us).

Please let us know what you think when you return.

Regards
Sarah
Thanks very much for the info and we will mention you. We are going on 20th September and will be back on 5th October. Its nice to get some good feedback.
Hi

I am pleased you found the info of use.

If you do call at Manolis and Dina's when you mention us please don't tell them we are going back in Ocotber as it's going to be a surprise.

Cheers and have a lovely holiday.

Please let us know how you get on and what you think.

Regards

Sarah :D
Hi Sarah

don't worry won't spoil the surprise!

Regards

Diane

:)
:) Can anyone recommend a nice dry white wine to drink in Rhodes?

Diane
Diane

When you land in Haraki go to Kostas and Elenas Traditional Market on the road from your studios to Haraki Village and ask Elena she knows all about local produce from Rhodes and stocks alot in her shop. She is there after 6pm till late.

Failing that where ever you eat they always have dry wine. I drink wine with my meal every night and I have never had a bad glass.

Please don't forget IT'S A SURPRISE even with Elena.

4 weeks on Saturday and counting even though it means I am 1 year older 4 weeks on Sunday. Nevermind I can't think of a better place to spend my birthday.

Enjoy youselves

Regards

Sarah :D :lol: 8)
Agathi studios in my opion are in the best postion.
You can walk to the sea front of Haraki in 10 mins and walk to Agathi beach which is a fantastic beach in twenty.
The rooms are very very basic no air-con (non when we were there anyway)
They are ok but not the best rooms we have stayed in. we stayed there 3 years ago and they had the most beautiful ginger cats so friendly and clean too hope they are still there and ok x
We stayed there with Manos but I dont think Manos go there anymore.
Rooms very basic we had to hire a fan. Great views from the balconies.
We had a fantastic time in Haraki yes Davincis is the best restaurant very clean and different from the rest.
haraki beach not brilliant but has sun loungers.
One of the best holidays we have ever had purely for the fact that we love Rhodes loved the resort of Haraki and the people were great.
Would probably want to stay in I think there called castle view apartments.
but they are on Haraki Beach.
Also where the Agathi studios are there is nothing around so you can here a pin drop at night. very very relaxing.
Oh yes - the Castle View look to me to be the best accommodation!
Yes I think so too !
I wish I was in Haraki now its such a peaceful place!
:) Thanks for all the info. Will look out for ginger cats! We always seem to make friends with the cats in Greece.

Can anyone let me know if its OK to use our own fan in the apartments?
Would welcome any advice.

Diane
You would probably need to ask your holiday company about your fan.
Owners of apatments and studios sometimes can be a bit funny about those things. But if i was you I would take it anyway - you could always hide it in the wardrobe when you know the maid is coming in!!
Honestly you will love Haraki its so beautiful. You can see the castle from Agathi Studios its all lit up at night and looks stunning.
Also the rooms are very spacious but exactly what you expect in Greece very basic but clean.
Who are you going with or is it independantly?
Yes I think we will risk taking it - thanks for the information and as long as the room is clean I don't mind after all its only a base isn't it and we hope to get about a bit. We went to Pefkos in May and it was lovely but I really wanted to go to Haraki as I'd heard how nice it is. Going tomorrow night so not long to wait and we have booked through Olympic.

Diane
Have a great time!! Don't eat TOO much at Da Vinci's!
:D Got back on Thursday from a wonderful holiday in Haraki. What a lovely place to spend two weeks - everyone was right about how fantastic it is.

We were a bit lazy and didn't stray far and the places we ate mainly were Da Vincis, Manolis & Dina and Kostas & Elena and had a great meal each time. Weather was very hot and we just had a couple of cloudy days but just rained on and off and didn't spoil anything - they certainly needed the rain!

Didn't see any ginger cats at the Agathi Studios but did see two ginger cats by Haraki beach.
The Agathi Studios were fine probably could do with smartening up a bit but no major complaints and we liked the location - so quiet! Can't wait to go again.
Didn't say anything about Sara and Colin going back!! Hope you have a great holiday.

Diane
Hi Dianne

Thanks for keeping our secret.

We fly out next Saturday, 14th, really looking forward to it.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed our litte piece of paradise so much so that you want to go back.

When you return people will recognise you and welcome you with open arms.

Thanks again.

Sarah :lol: :D
:D Hello Sarah

Have a lovely time - I mentioned to Dimitria that you had recommended them to us but told her we didnt know you and she said oh I love them!

Also on both Monday nights there was a singer/guitarist at Jacks but I dont know what his name is or if he is there every year but we really enjoyed listening to him.

Regards

Diane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.