Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi

Been to Haraki twice now and going again 1st October (5 weeks on Saturday - can't wait).

Haraki is,in my opinion, heaven on earth.

So relaxing and friendly.

The best bar to drink in is Haraki Dreams with Mike, Athena (Mikes wife) and Costas.

The best taverna is Dina and Manolis on the road out of Haraki, you will pass it when you come in on the bus.

Dimitria and Vangelis there son and daughter there aswell. Great food, great company.

For your duty free try Costas and Elena Gift Shop , just up the road from Dina and Manolis taverna, Costas is at Haraki Dreams.

We have alot of friends in Haraki now and the surrounding villages Greek and English and are indeed hoping to move there ourselves within the next 2 years.

You will have a great holiday.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards

Sarah
Thanks for that Sarah I am sure we will have a great time. We have been to a few islands but we are still looking for our bit of heaven. (enjoyed them all in their own way.)
There used to be a lovely local taverna on the road out of Haraki called Zografos run by Nick & his wife Maria. (Most of the ladies seem to be called Maria in Haraki!) it is all home cooked traditional fare and very reasonable .
Also behind Tommys taverna & apartments there is a road across to the army camp (over an old river bed) and there is a great place called Efterpi there they do a lovely Kleftico and fresh fish.
We intend to re-visit them there when we go back in September too.
Mike at Haraki Dreams (or is it Cocktails & Dreams?) used to have a pal called Jack who worked there with him but perhaps he has moved on now ?
Can you recommend a nice resturant for the wifes birthday? Argo sounds quite good but is also very expensive so I am told.
Zografos is still there, you walk past Dina and Manolis to get there.

Jack, Mikes brother, now runs Cocktail and Dreams and Mike runs Haraki Dreams. Haraki Dreams used to be called Haraki Sun.

The taverna, Efterpi is still there on Masseri beach I have never been there but have heard good reports of it.

I have never heard good reports of the Argo and it never seems to have anybody in it, but buy all accounts it is very expensive. They cater for mostly boat trips into the bay in the daytime. You will see big boats come in, off load the passengers by small boat and they all go to the Argo. They all then walk along the front and mostly they are Italians.

Regards

Sarah
:oops:
  • Edited by Elenitsa 2005-08-24 13:16:23
5 weeks Saturday...... :D

My favourites for food are Paradosi on the front (probably not "posh" enough for a bithday but excellent food!) and DaVincis for very good pizza and pasta (and divine coffee!)

Intend to try ALL the tavernas this time though...although dragging me away from Jack's bar may take some doing.

Agathi Beach - can't wait, I've got my snorkelling gear all ready!
5 weeks Saturday...... :D

My favourites for food are Paradosi on the front (probably not "posh" enough for a bithday but excellent food!) and DaVincis for very good pizza and pasta (and divine coffee!)

Intend to try ALL the tavernas this time though...although dragging me away from Jack's bar may take some doing.

Agathi Beach - can't wait, I've got my snorkelling gear all ready!
Elenitsa

We go 5 weeks on Saturday and are staying in Haraki Beach.

Where are you staying and were are you flying from?

Regards

Sarah
We're staying at Maria's - 1970s basic, but I like the location in the villagey bit!

We're flying from Bristol, Kosmar have kindly reinstated the day time flights from 1 October, so we should (Excel willing), be sat outside Haraki by Night with a frappe by 5pm!! :hyper
My wife and I have just spent 2 weeks in the Maria apartments in Haraki. I can't fault them except for the charge of 55 euros per week for air conditioning which we did need. Apart from that it's the best holiday I've ever had.. Lovely place if you don't need noisy nightclubs etc... Plenty good bars (my fav was Jack's bar). Good restaurants and decent shops. I'm going back for 3 weeks next year. Only problem was flying with Air Scandic which was a bloody nightmare. Never again.
We're staying at Maria's in October - we didn't need the air con last time we went in October. Maria's are pretty basic, but I prefer their position tucked away in the small part of the village where people actually live for the summer.

Jack's will be our first stop for a beer!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.