Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Oh dear, I have had an answer with minutes from simply Crete holidays, think i will be scrubbing Matala and Aghia Galini off my list. I have (hopefully copy & pasted their prompt reply!)

Very sad :cry:

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your enquiry. Very shortly, Matala and Agia Galini will be in the area where a very large container port is going to be built. It may not be quite as picturesque (or quiet) as you think....

This may be why Kosmar have pulled out of the area. I will be happy to discuss other options with you and look forward to your reply.

Regards

Steve Moorman

Operations Director

simplycreteholidays ltd
darah do you have permission to post a copy of this e-mail.....

please confirm that it is ok with simply crete holidays

thanks

wizard
Sarah - the debate regarding the container port at Timbaki is still ongoing http://www.no-container-port-in-timbaki.net/facts_en.php#notes, and i would think that development is at least a couple of years away, Kosmar have dropped quite a lot of accommodation not just in this area - if you want to visit this area, next year could be the time to go. We're hoping to visit Lendas in the same sort of area in a couple of weeks.

If you really want to visit Agia Galini, google it - the village has an excellent web site and ktel bus timetables are here http://www.bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetables.html. You'll see that it's very easy to put together your own holiday on Crete - we always do!

Can't comment on Ag Galini or Matala as we haven't been there...yet.
Wizard - will email them later and ask if they mind!! Whoops :oops:

I did reply to their email and say thanks for the info and they replied (not gonna copy & paste it!!!) that because they are based on the island thats how they know its going on, I suppose I will trust their opinion!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.