Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Belek is really in the middle of nowhere too - although you can get a tractor into Belek there really is not a lot there. Once you have been you probably wouldn't/need to go back. Lara beach (where the Topaki Palace is) is much the same and Lara Beach doesn't have a resort centre as such, although there are lots of shopping bazaars nearby. But there again once you have been to one you have been to them all as they all sell similar stuff, also there are only a very few bars and restaurants. It is easy enough to get into Antalya (by dolmus) from Lara and that is a very large city with loads to do but not in walking distance.
Side on the otherhand has loads to do and plenty to see, Roman ruins, ampitheatre, loads of shops, bars and restaurants, lovely harbour. You will need to make sure you choose a hotel within walking distance though as some are quite far away from Side town. I haven't stayed in a AI in Side (we stayed BB) but plenty of people on here have, and I am sure someone will give you some pointers as to the best AI.

Denny
We stayed at the Hemera last year which is within walking distance (just) of side town . I can recommend that for good reviews . Next door was the sunrise queen and a couple of hotels down was the Sentido perissia I believe it was . It is a fairly long walk , we did try a couple of times along the beach but way too hot in July . It's much easier to just jump on the Dolmus outside . There are plenty of shops and bars outside of these hotels though and along the road that leads down to side but it is a busy main road .
I did read on here a while back that there are only small hotels actually in side town and none of these have swimming pools .
Hiya

Lara Beach and Belek, are regions that are geared towards high end luxury hotels. Belek, has some top class ones that could be suitable for you, and Lara Beach although AI hotels are as far as the eye can see, the dolmus trip into Antalya is fabulous, and can offer you a different perspective. Fabulous shopping a good museum and a good cafe and restaurant area too.

They are both excellent areas if all you want to do is have the odd venture out, and be pampered to the max in your hotel.
The Topkapi is one I personally would not recommend, there are far better hotels for the same price, although I just know others will disagree.
The hotels in these areas have all the trimmings, .......for the most part they all have the little extras like pool and beach towels, mini bars in rooms, kids clubs, kids pools, a la carte restaurants, international drinks, patisseries and an excellent animation team, all included in the price. Depending on what time of year you are going of course, some of the facilities could be limited, but between April and October, most things are there for the guests pleasure.

Side, is far more pituresque and has a beautiful beach, there are some good hotels too, Lynwestie has suggested the Hemera and Sentido Perissia, both excellent hotels, they both offer good quality rooms, the perissia has the added luxury of tea and coffee making facilities in rooms too. They are both beach front located hotels and perfect for kids.
The Joy Nashira has family rooms although I haven't stayed there, it may be worth a look??????????

If you look outside of Side, nearer to Manavgat and Colakli, there are more hotels, the Royal Dragon Hotel has been getting good reviews, has family rooms, and has plenty on offer for kids, a small fairground too, I would read the reviews, this one maybe just what you are looking for. Also if you check out the Voyage Sorgun, it is getting rave reviews, and I have booked to go to the Voyage in Torba twice this year, amazing hotels with excellent facilities. I cannot give you links to check them out because I haven't been on this forum too long, but have a look at the range of Voyage Hotels, they show you everything on offer on a virtual tour, even the menus are on offer for each restaurant.............so maybe another one to look at?

The hotels I have suggested are all AI, but there are others in Side that offer other board options and I am sure people on here will help you anyway they can.

Hope this has helped, and let us know what you have decided.......there are plenty of hotels to choose from, most are fantastic, good luck, and hope you get what you want.
Thanks for your advice. That is quite spooky as I have just booked Royal Dragon. There are a lot of good reviews and I can get a family room which is a problem in a lot of the hotels.
I wanted to get out and about and not just be stuck in hotel. I hope I have made right decision although have ended up going over my budget!! Mind you would rather that and enjoy my holiday. Does anyone know if this hotel provides any watersports etc on the beach and iff they cost money?
Hiya Debs

So happy you have booked somewhere, this hotel seems to be a big hit with families, so I think you will have a whale of a time.

As for watersports, most AI hotels, offer limited watersport activities which are included in price, usually kayaks and pedeloes, some offer wind surfing too. The more adventurous the sport usually incurs a charge, and there are some restrictions applied (health and safety) scuba diving and water skiing require some kind of knowledge from the participant, and sometimes a certificate is required????????????? and of course, the cost involved is decided once the season kicks in. Maybe you could e mail the hotel and ask for prices and activities on offer. Usually they are quite good and respond quite quickly.

Also, because the Dragon is close to Manavgat, you can make your own way to the water falls from the numerous trips on offer by either Dolmus, or better still by boat, really easy and really enjoyable.

I do know tht the Dragon has a small service charge on some of the a la cartes, but I don't think it is much, and maybe it won't interest you anyway.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday, and again good choice. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.