Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Air France
44 Posts
I flew with Air France long haul from Mexico City to Paris, and then on to Strasbourg. I had no negative experiences with them except that the heat in the cabin on the overnight leg was uncomfortably warm.

You should be able to find seating plans for their planes on http://www.seatguru.com.

Bon voyage!
carolynn,

I've just got back from Mauritius with AF on the return flight. My initial comments are on the What Aircraft thread. I hope the service on the 777's / A340's are better than on the 747's, see my comments. I'll post my reviews when I get chance.

Darren
Darren,
sounds like you had a good trip.

Flight seemed good so I hope I have a positive experience next week also.

Thanks
Hi can any one help im going to johanasburg and have booked with airfrance .Iv'e been told their not good .Really cramped,horrible food.Does ony one no the leg room or if you can get extra leg room if so how much.Thanks this has put a dampner on our holiday.
  • Edited by David 2009-02-23 22:10:39
    Merged with existing Air France topic
gerty,

Refer to my trip reports above, particularly our return trip. You'll be flying on one of their Boeing 777-300/ER's which are better than their 747-400's. They are awful for long haul travel in their configuration, good job AF are phasing them out. Seat pitch on the 777's is 32" in economy. You'll find a seating plan on Seat Guru. Extra legroom seats are normally given to frequent fliers / Flying blue members.

Darren
Thanks Darren.
I have looked and found the best seats but when i tried to book them it won't let me. I phoned we have to book them 30 hrs befor travel and they are 50 euro each but it think it will be worth it, thats if they are available but its worth ago .thanks again.
Hi everyone,

Has anybody ever been on a Air France flight? We fly to Disneyland Paris with them in a few weeks n just wondering if anybody has any info.

Thanks

Emma :tup Xx
xEmmaBx88,

I've used them a couple of times. You'll find more information on our Air France thread and my trip reports at the bottom of the What Aircraft? thread. My experience for european flights is they are pretty good. It's a different story on long haul! You'll have no problems with them.

Darren
  • Edited by David 2009-04-15 10:01:48
    Today's posts now merged with the Air France topic linked to by Darren
I'm also booked on an Air France flight - Edinburgh to Paris in a few weeks. Never used them before. I've searched for an answer to my question on this board with no luck. I can't see anywhere on the AF website to select seats in advance. I suspect it aint there. I know I can do it 30 hours ahead. Do you know Dazbo? Not a big deal on such a short flight - just wondered.
bridd,

You can only do it 30 hours before the flight departs.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo5,

I had never even heard of then b4 booking Disneyland, never mind flown with then. Lol.

Thanks again

Emma :wave: Xx
xEmmaBx88,

Air France is the French national carrier, equivelent to British Airways and one of the biggest airlines in the world!

Darren
Haha :rofl Trust me not the have heard of them then. Lol

Thanks Dazbo5

Emma :wave: Xx
Does anyone know what the catering is like on the Edinburgh to Paris Cityflyer? I've searched my booking and it doesn't mention a meal. The flight is the 12.10 AF5055.
Thanks
bridd,

You normally have a choice of hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) and a light snack, probably sandwiches at that time of day.

Darren
We recently flew Manchester to Atlanta via Charles de Gaulle with Air France. 4 adult return fares over Easter booked through Expedia cost a total of £1189.00 which I thought was a great deal. I found them ok to be honest, no worse or better than any other airline. Flights were punctual, standard economy legroom, food was so-so, staff were courteous. One thing I didn't enjoy though was Charles de Gaulle airport. Terminal seating is not at all comfortable, especially when you've had an overnight flight on the return and a layover of 4 hours at the airport. And as for the food...... 3 burgers (which you have to microwave yourself) and 3 lemonades cost 33 euros!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.