Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
i not sure if this is correct but i think if you are in A class apartments you do not have to pay for the air con
sorry i cant help more
Last year we were in the Helios Bay Apartments which were 3 star and class A and this year we were at the Tasia Maris Gardens which Im sure was class B even though it had 4 starts.At helios both bedroom and living area units were free but at the Tasia Maris only the bedroom was free and the living room area was 6 Euros a day.Seems a rip off considering the Tasia Maris had a higher brouchure star rating! :que
hi thanks for your replies folks

i'm certain that on Ht a while ago there was a notice confirming that class A appts were not allowed to charge for air con during certain months,
just cant find it anymore & i'm wondering if cyprus laws have changed now they are in the euro
I haven't seen any changes to a class accommodation and therefore assume free AirCon is still applicable

wiz
I seem to recall that the CTO said it was provided free only where there was a centralised AC system. Where there are separate split units in the apt then they are still charged...if I remember correctly...
I think I have found the post you mean. See Glynis's post HERE dated 7 March 2005 which states that aircon in A Class accommodation is included in the price of the rooms from May till October. It should be clearly stated on the back of your accommodation door.

HTH

luci :wave
BINGO luci :bow thats the one i knew i had read it on HT,

many thanks for all the replies

gazz
Even better... the CTO published a Hotel Guide and Price List for 2008 linked from the Accommodation page at http://tinyurl.com/5kgxzf Strangely, it refers to air conditioning as 'heating'!

**Text removed due to copyright**

So there you go.

Marion
this is the link directly to the CTO price guide [dont trust links through 3rd party servers] You will need an Acrobat reader installed first, if you havent got one then go to the adobe site and down load one free

yasus
wizard
as usual HT outdoes itself in the lengths you go to for information

cheers

gazz
Always happy to help if we can. :)

I knew the post you were speaking about, but didn't know where to start looking for it to start with, that's why it took a day to two. Then I used the Search facility and eventually found it after a bit of a trawl. I also didn't think it was from so long ago!

luci :wave
and i have a direct link to the cto with pemission to copy and post, as they say in tesco... every little helps :rofl
Hi, I had heard that the inclusive air conditioning only applies if you have paid the CTO rate as given on the back of the door. If you have paid less, then the accommodation owner can charge for it. Can't remember where I saw or heard this. :duh

A bit difficult to work out if travelling with a tour operator though.

Louby
Hi

We go to the Andreotis Apt Protaras and have to for air conditioning
I think the rating is 3 star not sure of class - About 6 eur per day

Shaz
3 star not sure of class

class B aparthotel

yasus

wizard
I have read a number of reviews by people who have stayed at the Golden Star in Protaras.

They didnt have to pay a thing for air con - just have to ask reception to switch it on... sounds pretty good to me!

No doubt they will change the rules when we arrive!
I stayed in the Golden Star a few years back and the air onditioning was free.The only problem was that there was only a unit in the bedroom and none in the living room.Had to rent fans for the living room which never dropped below about 30c even at night but great apartments though :hot
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.