General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
aircon
27 Posts
I used to begrudge paying extra and would just suffer the heat until I wised up a few years ago. Now I budget it into the price of my holiday as a 'must have' when we take our summer holiday. When I go at Easter it's usually cooler so I don't bother.
We always have it - usually 'Sir' is lying on top of the bed with it on full blast and I am under the covers shivering but then that is what we usually do at home as well. It is the one thing that we are totally uncompatable (sp) about! :tup
I never had to pay extra for aircon, it's always been included in the price !!
My hubby would happily manage without it but I couldn't.
:rofl :rofl Prawn that exactly the same as us.I always have to wake hubby up during the night to tell him to turn aircon off as I am freezing.
We've always been lucky and never had to pay for it. One year the system was broke and we had it 24/7. We were honest and reported it to reception who put his finger to his lips, waved us away and that was that :tup I was paranoid that we would have a bill at the end of the holiday, but we never did. Most of the places we have stayed provide it between 12 midday and 3pm and/or 5pm and midnight, which IMO is more than adequate for what we require. Having said that, we only really holiday in June or September, so would definately pay for it if we had to holiday during high season.
never use it , i dont like the noise , last year we kept the balcony doors open all night even when we went out the doors were open
Its usually included when we go abroad, but do we use it NO, as discussed on another thread somewhere its not healthy especially the central systems you get in large hotels

wizard
Never used to bother with it, but over recent years, have always paid for it in SC, if it's not included in the price. We always used to sleep wih the balcony doors open as well, but I'm frightened of the mossies visiting me at night :rofl
last year was the first time we had to pay for air conditioning and it was charged at 5 euro's a day considering we are not in the room all day and night we didn't bother , with patio doors becasue they opened inwards we would put the door curtain over the top of the door then pull the end of the curtain through the gap between the door and door frame either side and secure with a peg , worked for us
we usually always get the aircon no matter how much it costs as we always go july/august and cant sleep if its too hot and it helps keep mozzies away
we made the mistake last yr in Kefalonia in July of thinking we could manage without as it wasnt that hot at night but after a week we wised up and brought it. I would never do with out it again, and I'm sure it helps to keep the mozzies away
If we holiday in peak season (jul and aug) i always make sure aircon is available to pay locally or even better included in the overall price of the holiday. If we go easter time we wouldnt use it as its not usually hot during the night in european destinations. We did use it when we were in dom rep in april though-boy did we need it :tongue

Lily. x :sun2
If it's unbearably hot and sticky, then yes, I love snuggling down in bed. We have only had to pay extra for aircon in Greece though.
We are off to Zante end of June so will certainly need it then, and according to the reviews I've read, it is 7euros a day so will pay the extra.....Caz
it is a must for us abroad, i won't go to a hotel that does not have aircon. it is usually ncluded in the price. hubby usually directs the air away from the bed if it gets too chilly. xphx :tup
I've never had to pay for it either . It's always there as we tend to always go to A/I hotels. Always make full use of it too . I can't sleep without it on . Even over Easter in Egypt it's still too hot for me to go without it . I have tried to go without it on nights but always wake up in a sweat about an hour later.

I remember in my younger years before it was more "the norm" trying to get to sleep in apartments in greece and cyprus with no A/C . I remember one year lying spread eagled just trying to get some air before attempting to lay on the stone cold floor to get some sleep with my pillow.
Its not about how much it costs its just the noise i dont like , have never used it even when didn't have to pay for it
Aircon wasn't 'standard' in apartments and even some hotels years ago. I remember hubby having to go out to sleep on the balcony on top of a lilo one time in Ibiza. I stayed in bed :D
I never used to use it but now we have to go on holiday in August for school holidays we always get it. My husband puts it on so cold we have to put a blanket on the bed sometimes :really
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.