Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Quote: 'The plane similar to this one' :rofl

So it was similar to an aircraft that has not entered revenue service with any airline anywhere in the world!!

The only similarity is that its a picture of an aircraft (a computer image at that!)

Many people probably wouldn't notice the diffference but it makes me wonder how often I'm misled on subjects that my knowledge maybe somewhat lacking in.

Mark
Mark757 wrote:
'The plane similar to this one'

Dazbo5 wrote:
another example of poor journalism as well

Hence why I said that. I know they have a job to do and have to sell papers, but I do wish they'd get the information correct. If they don't know, ask! There have been several examples of poor reporting over this last month. I know most people wouldn't know the difference between the aircraft, but as I said on the first page of this thread, if they can't get the simple things right, how can we believe the rest of the content? I'm involved in press releases at work and quite often our PR department will make up quotes and put our names to them, or take things out of content. Why can't they just publish the facts :que

Darren
News doesn't work that way though does it! Sensationalism sells.
I always remember when I went to the European championships (football) in 1988 to watch England play, my friends and I were in Koln and arrived by train and stayed round the area for a few beers for quite a while. The next day the headline of the front page of the Sun carried an article on a riot at Koln train station (when we were there)! It didn't happen! full stop, it was a complete fabrication, there wasn't one bit of trouble. I was incensed but what can you do, these people lie for a living, sad but true.

In my opinion, I think anyone being drunk and causing trouble on a plane should get a compulsory three year ban from flying. I think that would sort a lot of it out. But lets face it, you get all sorts of drunks, me....I'm quiet, I just smile a lot..........and then throw up everywhere :rofl :duh

Cheers,

TC
Anyone causing a plane to divert through disruptive behaviour should have an automatic prison sentence, and have their passports removed for life and a total flying ban.

I know the airlines can go after them for costs of the diversion I just hope the insurance companies go after them for any lost days holiday for the other passengers.

It is interesting that air rage has increased so much since the smoking ban in airports, maybe they should allow smoking rooms again airside.

Dave
I agree with what everyones saying but not all people drink t oget drunk before they fly out, I am flying to malaga on sunday next week, at 6.10am, and will be at the airport for 2am and I will have a couple of wines before I bored and thats purley for pleasure not to get blotted, and also will ahve another drink onboard my flight,but know my limits
I like a drink to start my holiday, as a driver i don't drink during the week and only have a couple at weekends, so holidays no car just booze, having said that i still don't get drunk, the last time i remember was my 21st long before many of our members were thought of,I don't need dutch courage to go on an aircraft or boat as i love travelling, but some take it to the 9th degree.. i wish more airlines would refuse boarding to the obviously inebriated, we were stuck for 2 hrs on the ground last year, with a woman who didn't like flying so drank 2 bottles of wine before boarding, we were about to bomb down the runway for take off when she caused havoc... still haven't worked out how she got to kos in the first place... :que

Brian
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.