Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
What is the one at Gatwick like? Can we take a 13 year old into it?
We have been in the Servisair lounge in Gatwick South and the Aviance lounge in Gatwick North. We like them both and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. The Aviance Lounge is lower down in the building so you don't see the runway only another building but with the Servisair Lounge you do, but I guess it depends if you are bothered by that sort of thing, we aren't.

Both lounges offer free drinks (soft and alcoholic except champagne), snacks such as crisps and pretzel type things, muffins and biscuits. There is plenty of tea and coffee and loads of cold drinks in the fridges (including wine). You can pay to go onto the internet. There are televisions to watch, newspapers and magazines to read (provided people haven't already taken them away). You can take children in both of them.

I have read the No 1 lounge in Gatwick south is very good, although I haven't used it. Apparently they offer hot snacks and have a waiter service. Rather than serve yourself drinks you ask for it. I guess that way it stops people from over indulging. It is also a bit more expensive than the others.

You can take children into both of the Lounge's in I have been into.

We like to use the lounges at the airport because you are away from the hustle and bustle from the departure lounge and makes a nice start to the holiday. One year our plane was delayed and we were allowed to stay another 1 1/2 hours in there (usually you are only allowed to stay 3 hours). While the other passengers were stressed out we weren't, but I guess the G&T or three I had probably helped!

Sheila
Am looking at the no. 1 lounge at gatwick - does anyone know what constitutes 'bistro style snacks' - or can you give me an idea what food to expect in there ... we need to eat before the flight as we do not have a meal on board and just wondered if this would be enough....
also once you go in there are you ok coming out again and going back in .. ie. if husband wants to stay and me and daughter fancy a browse round some shops ... if someone can let me know on this please and then i can get it booked ... many thanks
boygeorgefan wrote:
Where is the T1 lounge at MAN.

If its the Serivsair Bollin Lounge. Go through passport control, then turn left, then take the stairs (i think there is a lift) to the floor above. Should be signs to the lounge, if not airport staff should be able to direct you.
hi flying from edinburgh
does anyone know how much the lounge is and have they used it
is it cheaper to book via airport or via some other way
:tup
cajd ,

The lounge costs ~£18.50 with prices pretty static whoever you book with. Do an internet search to see if there's any deals for your departure date.

Darren
we are flying with eva air in oct to bangkok from heathrow T3 , can anyone suggest how we could use one of the airport lounges other than the service air lounge which is we feel a waste of money .
thanks shanti
shanti43,

You can't really as the other lounges are affiliated to airlines and airline partnerships so you need to be traveling with them / be a frequently flier with them to have access. Eva use the SAS London Lounge B at Heathrow, but that's only for privillige (Gold / Silver) card holders and higher travel classes.

Darren
thanks darren, think all i can do is ask when we check in . We are flying in premium seats but not bussiness class .
Shanti
Has anyone used the No1 lounge at Gatwick south yet?
What is the food like, I take it it is a full bar option?
Can we wear smart shorts?
I am flying with BA from LHR terminal 5 back to Manchester on return from Delhi, and have a 7 hour wait :( Do they have a lounge, all I can seem to find is executive style ones for those who are lucky enough not to be travelling basic WT class as I am!
I have used lounges several times when flying from Manchester and love the relaxation before I travel. Any help would be welcome, thanks
Hi Mobor One, have you tried looking for reviews on the No 1 on the Holiday Extras website? The reviews are generally positive.

We prefer to be able to get up and get our own drinks and snacks, because if you wait for someone to get them for you there is the tendency to feel that you are being restricted, if you see what I mean. We like to have a coffee or tea, a glass or two of wine or a g&t and glasses of water. This doesn't sound much but if there are only a few waiters on duty, you may have to wait especially during busy periods and you may come away feeling you haven't had your monies worth.

As for shorts, the lounges we have used don't like people to wear them no matter how smart they are, but you could check the dress code of each lounge on the Gatwick website (No 1 isn't one of theirs so you would have to go onto the No 1's own website).

Sheila.
Does anyone know is there an airport lounge in Gatwick North and if there is has anyone used it, and I think I know the answer but I will ask anyway - is there a smoking zone, my son is a smoker and once you go through into the airport that's it until you get off the plane the other side (long Haul flight) so whilst I don't want to encourage I can certainly empathise
Miss Pink,

Details of lounges at Gatwick (North Terminal) are on their website. There is no smoking airside at Gatwick. The only smoking areas are outside of the terminal building which you don't have acess to after security.

Darren
None of the airport lounges provide smoking facilities. Once you walk into the terminal - that's it!

Mark :)
Thanks guys I guess he will have to wear patches :rofl
Hi all, :wave:

Does anyone know which lounge Thomson A La Carte passengers use in Gatwick North.............Aviance or Wentworth Servisair Lounge. :que

Many Thanks,

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.