Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi hatchgreen ... if you've not already done so, you may like to post your advice in our MyTravel/Airtours discussion topic, where it should attract more attention:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8925

Many thanks
David :wave
that sounds awful

having just flown with first choice we got the following

Pasta Salad

Roast Chicken, Veg & Stuffing

Desert - cheesecake

cheese & crackers

cup of tea/coffee

and coming back the main meal was lincolnshire sausages & mash in an onion gravy with a chocolate desert, i can't believe they only left you with sandwiches, and half of one at that :shock:
:D Hatchgreen - Thanks for sharing that with us, I had no idea you could do that. I have booked with airtours, and when I booked, I said to them, "We're not bothered about meal on Plane", which they replied"We Can't take the cost of that off your holiday, as the meal is included in the price".

Wonder if it would be too late to ring up now, as we fly on saturday. BBB.
We have just come back with Airtours/My Travel albeit not on a morning flight, but it was the usual airline meal.

Roll with butter
Meal, shepherds pie on the way back
Chocolate chesecake pudding
Crackers and cream cheese
Twix sweet
Coffee, tea or orange.

I do like their new concept of meals with no tray, everything packed in a box with a bag you hang on the back of the persons in front of your seat to put all your rubbish in.
Have twice booked with Mytravel and told them to take off the cost of the inflight meal, which they did. We were all then served with the meal on each journey - makes you wonder!!!! :D
How would the cabin crew know ho has ordered it and who hasnt?
Sun -Seeker
Dont know about Airtours but Britannia know by seat allocation as it is done by them not the check in staff.
I used to work for MYT as crew, we have a flight manifest or PIL which shows which pax are no-meals, they seat them at the back usually so its easier for us to serve the other pax. But to be fair they usually get meals anyway if were over on the catering.
we have just come back flying with thomsons and there was 12 of us and because some had booked meals and others hadnt we couldnt sit next to each other which was a pain, ones not eating were at the back of the plane as someone else already said
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.