General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
They gave you the lowest price at the time of booking. They can always have a sale and reduce individual prices at any time.

If you bought a car today and next week they reduced the price would you expect them to refund you?

How would you feel if they increased the price and asked you for more money?

The simple answer is ask the question of them. We can only express an opinion.

fwh
sorry to say I think the answer to that will be no!

as fwh said they gave you the lowest price they had at the time you booked it, it is highly unlikely they will now give you the reduced price, however the only way you will know would be to phone and ask i guess!
No they wont honour it, but I think the statement they have on their website is misleading, and verging towards false advertising. Going to put it in writing now to their customer service dept and also a regulator. If you dont try you wont get!

The even more annoying thing is, that direct holidays, part of the same group, had a sale on over the bank holiday weekend, and the price is almost £100 cheaper today than it was in the sale. They are so sneaky. Dont intend ever using them again! Would cancel only I'd have to pay 50% cancellation fee.
Anyone know what regulator to write to with regard to Airtours?

I understand that prices change but I think the statement on their website is misleading.
Yes it says at the top of the page Book on line for the lowest airtour prices guaranteed.

That will have been the best price you got on the day of booking.
If the price drops by £80 the next day tuff.

Happens all the time.

You must have thought the price was good enough when you first booked it, so why complain now.

Nothing misleading about it.
You are just miffed now because of the lower price.
If the price raises tomorrow by £120 i take it you will pay airtours the difference ?

No offence intended

:shrug
Anyone know what regulator to write to with regard to Airtours?

I understand that prices change but I think the statement on their website is misleading.
Samsung,

It doesnt say anywhere on the website that the lowest price only relates to the day of booking. It might be taken for granted by those in the know, but as it doesnt explicitly say it, then they cant say "oh well thats what it means".

I booked at the weekend cos mytravel was advertising a weekend sale so thought the prices would only be likely to go up after. It was more than I wanted to pay, but it was an impulsive decision to go so I hadnt been tracking the prices.
There seems to be a misconception that a price advertised today will be the lowest price that an item (in this case a holiday) will ever be sold at.

In business you are constantly reviewing what you are offering. In some cases you will increase prices as it becomes clear that you can sell at a higher price and still be competitive. In other cases you will reduce prices because the price you are charging is not attracting customers.

It is a balancing act. You want to sell a product yet you also want (need) to make a profit.

There is nothing misleading about the advert. At the time they sold it they were the cheapest around.

My son in law has just fitted wood laminate floors. The price dropped around £4.00 per metre a few weeks after.

At the time they advertised as the cheapest price. They did not say they would not reduce it in the future, just as they did not say they would increase it.

He did not run back claiming he was ripped off when they reduced the price further.

At the time he bought it was the cheapest price. He was satisfied that he had bought it at a price he found acceptable.

Whatever the product prices will fluctuate - that is a fact of life.

We have all done exactly the same. Bought something and then found it cheaper.

You obviously thought you had a bargain at the time.

Ask the question of them. You never know they just might agree to give you a refund.

I doubt you will succeed but you never know until you try.

fwh
i booked a holiday through first choice and then noticed it had gone down in price a week later. i rang them to let them know and guess what? they reduced price straight away..... So give them a ring and see what they say
The answer to this is.......once you've booked a holiday, stop looking at the price!

This happens all the time. TO's need to reduce prices sometimes as time goes on. Its often the only way they can sell flights/hotels/packages.
Hi,

I booked a holiday for myself, 2 children and a baby to go to majorca, with going places travel agents. When my mum found out she wanted to come to the same hotel with her boyfriend as we got a really good deal. My holiday cost just £372 for a week self catering for all 4 of us. She booked to go the same day and flight and hotel just for her and her boyfriend it cost her just short of £600 for 2.
All tour operator prices go up and down all the time depending on interest at the time and how long until departure.
The secret is to do the research and check what prices things go down to this year as a guide for next year etc :wink:
I have a few hotels I fancy which are on the web site/brochure every year and I just check what they go for and when - time consuming to some, sad even but it pays off in the end. 8)
Oh Gosh this one again!!!! :D :D

Its come up Sooooo many times on here and I think that the answer is no they dont have to but they might, if you ask nicely.

I booked a weekend in a hotel in Edinburgh through Alpharooms. My friend booked the same hotel the next day. Hers was £50 dearer.

HOw many times have I bought a flight to see it cheaper the next day?

Holidays/hotels/flights change every day. How long would you have expected this price to remain "the cheapest" ...............

I saw a top I bought on Saturday at lunchtime today at half the price..............was I pleased..................no of course not...........................but they did nothing wrong. And I dont believe this company have either.

Holiday truths needs to be about what we feel is the "truth" and while there are very many valid complaints, the company is not always wrong.
Bunny said

I just check what they go for and when - time consuming to some, sad even but it pays off in the end.

I agree wholeheartedly and always do this. It's very time consuming, particularly as I can't resist checking far too soon, but it certainly pays off.
Bunny & Aslemma
I just check what they go for and when - time consuming to some, sad even but it pays off in the end.

I do this too.

I've watched a particular holiday in Goa for Nov 2007 drop from £1682 (total price for 2 people for 3 weeks) on 20/3/2007 to £1501 on 8/4/2007 to £1401 yesterday.

Not booked it yet, if the price increases or it's fully booked, we'll just look for somewhere else or a different departure day.
We're both retired so we have no restrictions on when & where we go.

Polly
Yes the last few years have been to the same place as its great but the price starts off at about 2500 for five of us for two weeks May/June Hols but approx 8 to 4 weeks before we always go the prices drop to about 1200 so we book it ( two rooms too. :D)
I see one week deals for around 100 sometimes and two weeks for two hundred or less even.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.