Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
22nd June - 6th July for me :yipee

Nic
just been informed by my mother theres a massive clothes warehouse just opened up on main road to akyaka, she bought a sweatshirt for 3 lira lol, not sure how far it is from akyaka but im sure ill pop in and have a nose
OOOh, what sort off stuff do they sell?
If I go I'll let ou know what its like when I come home as we go before you
she said loads of clothes, swimwear, trousers,t shirts,and kidswear, mam sent me an email didnt go into too much detail but shes coming to the uk on tues so will find out exactly where it is and what they sell lol
Be sure to let us know what she thinks and exactly where it is. Always looking for some bargains!
Just to get the old excitement level going, it's just about a month til I go :)

I've ordered my holiday reading:

Travels in Turkey By Brian Sewell
A Fez of the Heart: Travels Through Turkey in Search of a Hat by Jeremy Seal
Culture Shock! Turkey by Arin Bayraktaroglu

Noticed that the exchange rate is very good at the moment, and noticed that today in Akyaka it's 32c :shock:

Partner is getting over the shock of the toilet situation - (I'm not going to break the squat toilet situation to him, he'll find out in a roadside place during a trip out!!), and I am trying desperately not to ramble on about it all the time!

I also did my holiday wear shopping online yesterday.

Can you tell I am excited?

LOL!
Its 32c In Akyka??? OMG I'm even more excited than you! We have got a week to go until we are back. I've only got one book bought but I'lll probably never get peace to even read that. I'm swithering about whether to take lira and tc's or just take english notes (not always easy to get here in Scotland but I've discovered an ATM that is all english) and change when we get over there as the rate there is always a bit higher. You reminded me that I need to buy nappy sacks for the loo role. I love all the last minute stuff as much as the holiday,well almost. I'll report back on my return
the warehouse is on the main road just before the turn off to akyaka, going the direction over the lights not the right turn that takes you along by the river restaurants into akyaka, hope you can understand that
I've brought nappy sacks for himself :)

I usually exchange at Dalaman, and get the two girlies at the exchange counters that are next to one another to barter thremselves to a good rate LOL.

Oh! A week!!

I am excited for you as well as me now!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.