Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
last year ı was ın alaçatı .but not akkakay alaçatı is worth to see but hotels are abıt prıcy
I have never been to Alacati - must admit I hadn't heard of it - but just looked at some photos, it looks lovely - old and quaint. However we have been to Akyaka several times, I get the impression it is quite different to Alacati. Akyaka is quite modern, the building is relatively new, all built in Ottoman style and quite well done. Its spread out quite a bit - very green and mountainous - the scenery is very pretty. Most of the restaurants and hotels are by the beach, but it isn't really a compact village. There is also some lovely fish restaurants lining the river, with tables in the water. It seems to be mainly Turkish people who go on holiday there. It's also got a great beach perfect for young children, sand good for sand castles, and water very shallow and calm.
Perhaps Angelk will tell you more about Alacati to help you decide!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turuncapartment.com
Thank you very much for info. Have now decided on Akyaka, and emailed hotel. Just waiting for their response, which is taking time!!
pauljanita wrote:
Thank you very much for info. Have now decided on Akyaka, and emailed hotel. Just waiting for their response, which is taking time!!

I think you have made the right choice. Alacati is fantastic for windsurfers/ kitesurfers but is very windswept and I found it a bit bleak.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.