Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Albufeira Bar
6 Posts
A Taverna was there the other day. It wasn't open and like a lot of places may remain closed until around Easter. I will see what I can find out when next I am in town, unless someone comes along beforehand.

The fish market has gone of course and so have the boats, all now out of sight and out of mind in the new Marina.

You will find much of the area changed, almost beyond recognition in certain spots.

I have a collection of photos at http://thomasallen.spaces.live.com

Feel free to browse down the albums and see how things have changed since the civic improvement works began in 2006. I suggest you find the album dated 20 August 2009 and work back from there. You will also find the 28th October of interest.

I hope that helps.
Many Thanks, Looking forward to returning and hope we like the changes.
A Taverna was open at 7pm last night - maybe it was their night off when I passed the other day. It's more of a restaurant now by the looks of it. There were a few people sitting at the outside tables as it was a fairly warm and dry evening for a change.
Many thanks cubsur, It will be nice to visit the bar after so long, Good news on the weather as well.
I hope so for the weather as well - they certainly won't be sitting outside this lunchtime!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.