Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
A lot of places will be open of course as 15,000 people live here and we have to eat. However many of the bars and restaurants catering wholly or mainly for tourists will be closed, some until Easter.

Most of the places around the old town square stay open all year.
Bex

I always read this forum with interest and Cubsur has wonderful knowledge of Albufeira.

Just to also answer your question a little bit , my husband and I spent 4 weeks in Albufeira in February this year.
We stayed very near "The Strip" and found there was enough restaurants and bars open and each week a few more places would open. Also as Cubsur says many places in the old town are open. We were certainly never stuck for somewhere to eat/drink and thoroughly enjoyed the break at this time of year.

The first week the weather was very changeable but the next 3 we were able to sit by the pool.
Have been to Albufiera in mid January for the past few years.Weather has always been good in the day chilly at night.Last January it struck me that there were more people there and places open than on previous years.
Due to Easyjet cancelling our January return flight next year,we have booked for mid March.
hi, had the same problem with easy jet in april cancelled return flight !!! but what the heck just booked a few extra days when the flights were back on :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.