Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
The Strip is about 5 minutes walk, just on the other side of the Bullring. Or at least the middle of it is. You then have several hundred yards of bars, clubs and restaurants (and time-share/holiday club touts) to negotiate.

The old town on the other hand is well over a mile including a couple of quite steep hills. You can get a bus every half hour from the 'Globes' roundabout for €1,10* or a taxi would cost about 4 Euros. You can get around town between just about anywhere and anywhere else for 4 or 5 Euros. However in peak season eg from mid-July to end August taxis can be quite difficult to get hold of as they are limited in number and of course very busy.

* 55 cents if you invest in a pre-paid card.

Sorry, cannot help with restaurant recommendations as I don't live on that side of town but rest assured every possible taste is catered for. Also., what's your likes and dislikes? Avoid the obvious tourist traps if you can.
Many thanks for your informative reply

Sounds like buses / taxis are reasonably priced and everywhere is within easy reach

Much appreciated :)

Mancunian
You could also use the tourist train which stops at the side of the Ancora Bar on The Strip. This is the website for route, timetable and prices. http://www.turistrem.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.