Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
hi my mum and dad have just come back from Alcossebre, they said tome tha it is nice and flat there is a nice promanade and that it is a relatively flat, obviously big hills would need a car but there isnt many of them only on the main road and then u might have a car. it is a quiet area but they enjoyed the peace and quiet. i think the time of year your thinking of going would be more livley then april when my mumand dad went.
hope this helps!
Thanks for your reply. At least i know the place exists now because it
seems that nobody has heard of the place. You have put my mind at
rest about how flat it is. Could you ask your mum and dad if there were
any car hire places around.
cheers
stocktonmackem
Hi stocktonmackem ... just in case you have overlooked it, you did ask about this place in a previous topic here in this forum, to which I added a couple of links for you:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=34019

David :wave
I have been to Alcossebre and can confirm that there is a long flat promenade suitable for wheelchair users and lots of open air cafes along the front. It is a small town but is a lovely place to stay: I know people who have been going there for about 20 years and it hasnt changed much. That may change once the airport at Castellon is built which will make it more accessible.
Do you know where they stay?? We are considering going ourselves.
Pippa
Hi Pippa
I found the apartment I am interested in on the owners direct website.
I need an adaptable one which are quite difficult to find but there are
quite a few other apartments available. I just used google search for the accomadation in Alcossebre/las fruentas. Good luck in finding something
cheers
stocktonmackem
Hi David
I did find your post earlier and it gave me some useful information.

cheers
Stocktonmackem
hi Stocktonmackem i spoke to my mum and she said there are car hire places around differant 1's to choose from, they hired there car from the airport it's self which they found nice and cheap.
my mum and dad stayed in a villa from owners direct they said that there's was lovley and if your lookinf for a relaxed holiday you would enjoy where they stayed.
hope this helps
Taken the bull by the horns and booked flights (£81 for 2 of us - easyjet to Valencia) and car hire (£71 - carjet). Now have to book accommodation - I have a few irons in the fire!!

Does anyone know the Gran Hotel Las Fuentes?? This is a 4 star hotel which looks great and come out extremely cheap on some hotel/apartment sites. It is cheaper than some 3 star hotels. Perhaps I am being a bit suspicious but is there something wrong with it?

Pippa
You certainly made your mind up quick. I am not planning on going until
next year so you can let me know how you get on. When are you going? You have got a bargain with the flights and car hire. Unfortunatly we
can not just go on the spur of the moment, everything has to be planned just right. You dont realise how difficult it is to get disabled friendly accom. We get there in the end though especially with the help of people who have already been to these places so please let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Stocktonmackem
Hi there,

We are going on the 8th October. I sympathise with your disability problems. I broke my ankle last November and was 'off my feet' for some weeks. Even now my walking is not brilliant which is why we were looking for a fairly flat resort.

We may not actually book accommodation in Alcosssebre - we are also looking at the northern end of the Costa Blanca (Javea, Denia etc.) as the apartment we would really like to stay in in Alcossebre is booked so we might leave Alcossebre until May 2006.

There do seem to be a number of 'disabled friendly' apartments/villas in the Costa del Azahar - its just a matter of trawling through the various accommodation sites.

Pippa
Just to say that we have booked a 2 bed 2 bath ground floor apartment in Alcossebre from Holiday Rentals - http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk - property number 60079. Might be of interest to you.

Pippa
Thanks Pippa, I think we already have our apartment sorted we are just
trying do decide what we are doing about car hire. Hope you have a good
time and let me know what the area is like when you get back.
cheers
stocktonmackem
Well, we are back from Alcossebre.

We found it to be a very quiet and very nice resort. It has a really lovely promenade which runs almost the whole way between Alcossebre (the older end) and Las Fuentes (the newer part) which has a very nice Marina with lots of lovely boats.

Plenty of places to eat - although some have their menus in Spanish only. The marina has some very nice restaurants and not that expensive either.

Some of the scenery from the mountains behind the resort looking over Alcossebre is stunning - a car is necessary.

We will certainly return to this resort but find a different apartment as it was not quite 'up to our standards'.

Pippa
Hi,

We have two luxury family holiday apartments for rent in Alcossebre. They are ideally situated for the 32nd America's Cup in 2007, on the beautiful Costa Del Azahar - also known as the "Orange Blossom Coast" - mid-way along Spain's warm Mediterranean coast-line, roughly half-way between Barcelona and Alicante.

Please feel free to visit our site and take a look to see if it is for you
http://www.eastcoastspain.com

Regards
Mike
What would Alcossebre/Las Fuentes be like January/February.

I imagine it would be extremely quiet - would there be restaurants and shops open?

We really did like it there when we visited in October - particularly the Marina area.

Are the apartments you have for rent heated? I am a fairly cold morsel and need a little bit of warmth!

Many thanks,
Pippa
Hi Pippa,

Just got back from Alcossebre last night. It rained for 4 out of the 5 days we were there but was still warm during the day and, as "Sod's law" will have it, today it is brilliant sunshine and the forcast is now hot and sunny! The local's were happy and said that the rain was much needed as they hadn't had much and the reservoirs were getting low.
We went the same time last year and it was sunny every day so you never really know.

Generally during Jan, Feb & March the days are warm and sunny and the nights are cold so take a jumper etc.

Alcala Blau has heating throughout and is situated at what is the quiet part of Alcossebre at this time of year. We stayed at Los Gardenias which is in the Las Fuentes part of town near the marina and has more shops and restaurants open than in main town Alocssebre, although their are some shops and restaurants open there too. Los Gardenias has air con that can be turned to warm but we also have plug in radiators available there as we too like to be snug.

We also have a sky TV box set up at at Los Gardenias and guests are welcome to take there own sky cards (if they have them) so that they can see their own favourite programmes if they like.

I will be updating our web page again over the next few days and would welcome you taking a look http://www.eastcoastspain.com and letting me have any feedback if it strikes you that I can improve it more. For example, any additional information you would like to see etc.

If we can help you have a great time in Alcossebre we will.

Regards

Mike
Los Fuentes is much nicer than Alcossebre. The promanade is much more wheelchair freindly (lots of ramps).
We had a very nice (one of my best) holidays there.

Dave
Hi. Just been reading the various posts on Alcosebbre, I have been several times, for info there are quite a few brits who live in and around the area including a couple of builders (one who has JCBs etc over there), if thats any help to any one let me know and I will put you in touch with them. (Mine was working holiday) Nice place for a quiet holiday, but for me a bit too quiet, friendly people as well. Lots of nice rural properties for sale up in the mountains if thats your thing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.