Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Can't comment on hotels in those locations, but Alcudia and C'An Picafort are essentially one and the same resort these days. Alcudia at one end of the bay, Picafort at the other, with a continuous strip of development between them. Picafort the quieter of the two, good beaches in both. A much nicer resort, Puerto Pollensa, is just over the hill from Alcudia. Ideal for families.
Thanks for the info, had a quick look at Pollensa but Alcudia seems more affordable with our budget!

Tempted to go for Alcudia over Picafort as there seems to be a bit more to do, I'll keep looking. :D
Alcudia and C'an Picafort are too big and spread out for my liking. I know people rave about the beach in Alcudia but I definitely would not return to either resort :-(
Stayed in Alcudia last year and visited C'an Picafort one evening.....I think there is definately more going on in Alcudia and the beach is beautiful. Personally I prefer Cala D'or or Puerto Pollensa but they're a more expensive resort.

Good luck with your choice :cheers
We much prefer the Port d'Alcudia. The Hotel Maristany is very nice, stayed there last year HB. Palm Garden is nice too, but the accommodation is more basic, can't comment on the food as only stayed SC. Apparently the Coral de Mar is very nice too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.