Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Jenny, I know it well. Playa de Muro beach is really three parts. The first from the Alcudia boundary to the canal, and then from the canal to where the final hotel is. These parts are mostly all pretty busy as they have hotels beind them, but the third part which goes down to Can Picafort is the so-called rustic beach, which is backed by dunes and forest. There are no bars or anything on this part, and yes even in August it is quiet, Sundays being the only day when it gets anything like crowded. It's a personal favourite, and if you don't want to be crowded it's recommended.
Yes there are nudists. Not a huge number, but then there are not a huge number of people!

Windy. No more so than the rest of the coastline along Alcudia Bay. There is generally always a good cooling breeze, the wind tending to pick up more in the afternoons. Kitesurfers use the beach, which indicates that there is wind but it is rarely unpleasant.
I'd say the sea from Playa de Muro down to C'an Picafort is quicker moving than that at Alcudia! Infact I've never been in a shallower sea as in Alcudia where you can walk out for ages and it's still only upto your knees! At Playa De Muro it is still quite shallow but with more waves from the breeze! It is a great beach though! :tup
Ok thanks. I dont know where to stay now, Alcudia and get a taxi or car hire to that part of beach, or C'an Picafort and walk. I cant make up my mind on what its like at C'an Picafort, are the restaurants upmarket or tacky? Is there any Italian? Sorry 4 all the questions but you seem to know that area well. :)
That's a toughie. When you say Alcudia, bear in mind that there are different parts. The port area is different to the so-called Bellevue area, the former being I think it fair to say more "up-market", and for your choice of restaurant there are a few that might fit the bill. But the Bellevue area has a couple also. It depends whether you are looking to stay where things are "full-on" (like Bellevue) or a bit more laid-back, which might describe the port and also Playa de Muro where the restaurant choice is smaller but reasonable. I mean no disrespect but in Can Picafort most of the restaurants and bars on the front look like they need some attention, but there are some reasonable places away from the front. Off the top of my head I can think of only one authentic Italian place (Zodiac) in the sense of pizzas and pastas. Los Faroles is a good Spanish place. Personally I'd choose Alcudia for eating out, but Can Pic does have the benefit of greater convenience as far as the beach is concerned.

You could also get a bus. They are frequent along the main road between Alcudia and Can Pic. Get off at the Alcudia Pins or Blue Bay stops and head on down to the beach.
Oh right thanks for all that. are taxi's dear in that area? :)
Guessing, but a taxi between Alcudia and Can Picafort would probably be around 14 euros. Not sure if that's dear or not for about 9 kilometres. I base that on last year's tariffs, but they may be up this year as petrol and diesel have increased in price.
Yes nudist use it at the end of the beach.

Regards, Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.