Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Well as you can guess by my name its got to be Cala Bona everytime. All on the flat, nice promenade, enough bars and entertainment to satisfy, no young and livelys to spoil things. Nice places to eat and a small selection of shops. Beach is small but if you have little ones they can't go out of sight. Cala Millor has a better beach only a stroll along the prom and lots of retail opportunities. Open top bus to nearby resorts and the mini train. During peak times trampolines and rides sppear on promenade (from end May Bank Holiday onwards. Crazy golf in Sa Coma year round you can go by free bus (only 5 mins away) Plenty of accom choice for all budgets and tastes. are you tempted? CBG
Hi, thanks for reply

I am tempted as I really do fancy a change this year
We would prefer to do self catering in apartments , would like the apartments to have a bit of entertainment if possible, not to big a complex.

Where we stayed in Alcudia there were a lot of apartments, 7 storeys and it has started to get very busy and noisy.

Any ideas on the best apartments or website I can go to.

Thanks
Wendy
I do diy now can recommend Med hotels, hotel connect and winter sunshine. Protur hotel have good quality hotels and apartments in Cala Bona/ Millor. If its a package Thomson or Portland have a good selection. There a lots of good reviews on this site and I am sure you will get more replies soon. Its quiet on the forums at the moment.Enjoy looking on the sites and let us all know when you have made a decision.CBG
i would say cala bona is much smaller and quieter than alcudia, although this is not really a bad thing, cala millor runs into cala bona giving you access to a decent beach and more choice of restaurants
I'd go for Cala Bona too! Alcudia has a far better beach than Cala Bona but in my opinion, Cala Bona has a far more nicer selection of bars, restuarants etc and a nice pedestrianised walk into Cala Millor (prefer Cala Bona to Cala Millor too!) and a road train operates to Sa Coma (nice beach here).

We stayed at the Bonaire Aparthotel (Thomsons Superfamily) a few years ago with our sons (then aged 3 and 6). We had a superb time, entertainment throughout the day and a lovely ampitheatre style area for the evening entertainment. Think theres around 185 apartments or thereabouts but all in separate blocks scattered around the complex. Only 3 floors to each block.

I'd definitely return, and much prefer it to Alcudia. Hope this helps! :fly
Hi, over the past 20 years I've been to both Alcudia and Cala Bona, twice to Alcudia abd 13 times to Cala Bona so you know which one is my choice.
We took the grandchildren last year and they loved it, in fact we are taking them again next year.
the beach isn't as good as Alcudia but Cala Bona as a whole is much nicer, loads of nice restaurants if going self catering and nice hotels if thats what you prefer.
The Bonaire complex is well known as a superb place for families although Its one place that i havn't stayed in.
Five of us are going to Cala Bona 31-07-10 that will be 14 times for me and the wife and we will be staying at the cala bona hotel with a sea view to die for.
If you need any detailed info about the resort just get in touch.
Cheers parkypig.
We've been going to Cala Bona/Cala Millor with the kids since 1998 (I went with my parents mid 70's) and we all love it.....going back again very soon and we can't wait! There is a park area before you hit the harbour with trampolines, Go Karts and bouncy castle type fish thing etc. There's another further down in Cala Millor which is considerably bigger. There's a cariousel in Cala Bona harbour at the moment, hoping it will still be there when we go as it's not been there in previous years.

We go DIY as we're a family of 5 and get hammered for under occupancy with tour ops and usually book apartments thru' owners in resort but we have also used Travel Republic to stay at Hotel Moreyo and Thomson to stay at Sol Y Mar apts. This year we've booked direct with owner in apartment on the sea front which I'm looking forward to.
After going to Alcudia a few times last year we atwo weeks holiday and decide to have a week in Alcudia that we knew we would enjoy and a week in Cala Bona/Cala Millor for somewhere new as we came to the end of our Alcudia week we had great trepidation about changing resorts but when we found our feet in Cala Bona we did enjoy it as much and would go back to both. Alcudia may just edge it for children but I would stay nearer Cala Millor if you wan't the beach and as it has been mentioned Sa Coma has a great beach.We stated at the Talayot hotel very cental for the two resorts but mainly older people but on the front and good food with half board. We never saw one mossie there but they are the down side of Alcudia
tisonlymoi, who did you book apartment with?

sue
Hi Sue

We've booked apartment with English owners who live out there and who are friends of friends out there. We have in the past booked apartments thru' Jimmy (Ca'n Jimmy Restaurant on Na Llambies) as he has 6 privately owned apartments opposite the Don Jaime and also have stayed at Sema Apartments which can be booked thru' Dave at London Inn.

Tis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.