Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Sarah I`ve been to both Altea and Alicante, both I went by train to but you can catch the bus to Altea. I would say that half a day would be ok for Altea or stay longer and walk into Albir, it only takes 15/20 mins. Altea is a small pretty town with a nice sea front. At the back are the shops. Have look at Sanji`s videos of Altea.

Alicante is 1 hour away by train/tram, it has a long sea front leading to a marina.Shops again behind the sea front.I enjoyed Alicante it has quite a spainish feel to it.Have a look on Alicante spotlight, theres all the info for what to see and do there.

The trains are very reasonable in Spain around 6 euros return to Alicante.
If you are in Benidorm around the20th to 24 th June I would reccomend you spend at least a day in Alicante.It is brilliant at that time of the month as its the city's fiesta that week,The fiesta of San Juan - there are all sorts of things going on.Fireworks,parades,open air dancing,concerts,bullfights (not everyones cup of tea)ect ect.Just a fantastic atmosphere and not a drunken yob seen or heard.
I have been for 5 days every year for the last 5 years and would reccomend it to anyone.
Thanks for the info/advice Christine and Wayne.

We are off to Benidorm on the 16th June for 15 nights so will be there when the fiesta is on in Alicante so will visit during that.

How long does the train or bus take?

Thanks again .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.