Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
altea
4 Posts
we went on the off chance theres a nice church other than that i wouldnt bother
Altea is def worth a visit, if only to get away from the concrete jungle and to visit the old quaters and visit the church.
The area around the church is a tourist attraction, but it is like chalk and cheese from Benidorm...you might actually believe you are in Spain.

I would go during the daytime for the first visit, then you can walk on the promenade and have a drink, plus drinking in the view all the way to Calpe.
The church should be open during the day, but during the summer evenings around the church local artists display their works.
Altea is a painters paradise with a lovely art gallery there....plus the shops.

IMO: for the sake of a euro bus ride, why go all that way and not have a look at what the Costa Blanca has to offer....you never know, you might actually like the more up market Altea. :wink:

I made a video of Altea and the beautiful breathtaking church (Virgin de Consuelo).
Maybe someone will find it for you, I'm just popping in here from Spain.

Sanjiiiiiiii

EDIT: Click here for Sanji's Altea Video .... David HT Mod
thanks Sanji and David.
We definately want to see a bit more of spain than just Benidorm, we are going with two teenagers who are taking Spainish at school so they will want to try the "lingo" out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.