Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
YEP thats one thing i did enjoy about my holiday no smoking in the hotel
just got back from es canutells and the no smoking was a real bonus.it did not seem to worry the smokers either as they just went outside.can anyone tell me if this law is applied throughout the spanish mainland and the canaries?
It would appear that after the introduction of the no smoking in public places in Spain in January there are slight variations in the application of the law. The Balearics are applying the rules according to their interpretation, in addition to the European rules. The Canary Islands also seem to be applying it according to their own interpretation in both cases it does differ from application of the law on the mainland. By interpretation I mean in where you are allowed and not allowed to smoke. Purchasing cigarettes from Tabacs is applied generally throughout all of Spain and the islands.
Thanks for that info!
It all seems a bit hit and miss, but I don't want to go off topic.
so where can we buy them now .are there any duty free shops in menorca
You can go to the Tabac's in Menorca for ciggies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.