UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Please only reply to this topic if you are able to answer Helen's specific request for hotel recommendations. We don't want to turn this into another debate by the pro and anti smoking groups, and any such posts will be deleted.

Many thanks
David :wave
Hotels can choose to have officially designated smoking rooms. Since the ban in Scotland we have stayed at a hotel in Dunoon and at one of the Glasgow airport hotels and in England, at a couple of hotels in Blackpool, one of which was the Norbreck Castle, where smoking is allowed in designated rooms. My husband is a Coach Tour driver and at several of the hotels he stayed last season, mostly in England, smoking was allowed in the bedroom.
I know legislation is slightly different in all four home nations but as I understand it, a designated smoking room is treated as your residence and you are allowed to smoke. It is up to an individual hotel if they wish to 'designate' rooms.
It is a hotel which has designated rooms which I am seeking. In fairness to non-smokers I do not wish to have a 'fly one or two' in a non-smoking room. (Though I have to admit to being desperate)
Hi

Recently stayed in the Jurys Inn in Manchester (near the GMEX centre). They have smoking rooms.
madasharley, Thanks for your reply but as we live near Glasgow and I worked in Glasgow for over 35 years it is not actually a hotel in Glasgow that I want but one within a reasonable 4 hours or so drive from Glasgow to see some new places.
Thanks anyway for your reply
Helen
As Best Westerns seem to have a few smoking rooms, it might be worth a look?
http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/towns/harrogate.aspx

Peel Hotels seems to still have a few smoking bedrooms from a scan of some of their hotels online (not particularly suggesting this as destination, but it does have smoking rooms)
http://www.peelhotels.co.uk/hotels/midland-hotel-bradford-yorkshire-england/rooms.shtml

I've stayed in smoking bedrooms at the Marriots in Leeds and Liverpool recently. I believe Express by Holiday Inn also still has smoking rooms. I can't really know of any hotels that are not part of chains with smoking bedrooms these days.
O'Callaghans Stephens Green in Dublin had a whole floor of smoking rooms. Good hotel that does a nice breakfast too!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.