Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
welcome home, I'm sure your glad to be back.

Have you already written to Thomson? As a rule first letters should be one page, basic facts and posted recorded delivery. Don't phone, email or expect a reply much short of 28 days. If you did manage to take a decent picture of the fire by all means attach it to the letter. I don't think we've ever had a complaint about the hotel catching fire so I'm not sure how they will respond, no doubt it will be a quite imaginative explanation!
Obviously I can't comment on the fire, but this hotel must certainly have changed since our two visits there. :que I don't think I've ever seen a bad review of this hotel before, apart from a couple of minor complaints. I'm sorry your holiday appears to be somewhat of a disaster. As Steve says says, send a structured letter of your complaint- keep it brief and to the point - no one will read pages and pages of waffling. Make sure you keep a copy for yourself, including the date of posting the letter. Please keep us informed of any response you receive.
I note you have posted a similar report on another website. On another site, according to the reviews posted for the same period, nobody is complaining so I am a little puzzled when reading what you have said..

One question not asked by the other posters did you complete an "In Resort" complaint form with the Thomson rep? Always an important thing to do if you are not happy.

fwh
The only little complaint we had when we were there, was the yellowish tinge which the white parts of our swimwear took on. When we took them to reception we received profuse appologies, they were taken away and freshly laundered and all 6 of us in our party were given passes to the Riu Palace for the evening. Only after we returned home did we discover that the tinge was probably more to do with the suncream we used than the swimming pool :que
I too only have good reports about the Tequila. It was a great hotel with friendly helpful staff- that's not to say that it's all turned on its head by now but I find it hard to believe. I think you may be a hard to please person or were just VERY unlucky :think
Current reviews are all mostly positive so very hard to pass comment. Not read any mentions of upset stomachs from the food, and no complaints re queueing to book restaurants.
Hi Jamie, I mean this with respect but is there anything you are not telling us? Was your flight delayed? Was it your first time long haul? Is it possible that this hotel/type of holiday was not what you were expecting?
I ask because as others have said, the reviews of this hotel are good in the main.

As for your money back, that is unlikely. Possibly you will receive a token gesture of cash or a voucher.

Do you have a reps report? Did you visit a doctor while in resort? Proving food poisoning will be difficult if you didn't seek medical treatment while you were there. Nobody was injured in the fire and they probably 'played it down' so as not to cause mass panic. Hotels abroad are not obliged to have smoke detectors though all tour ops would like them to.

You need to write a clear, concise and unemotional letter to Tom. Bullet points, what you booked/expected and what you got.

Best of luck.
Just so everyone is aware the OP has not been back since Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:19 pm. I would have expected a return visit if only to see if anyone had replied. I personally find it a rather strange tale when you read other reviews for the same place at the same time.
Nobody else has anything but praise and the fire? does not even get a mention.

fwh
We have visited the Tequilla twice and found no problems at all. Good food, very friendly staff. very clean resort, cleaning all the time, were going back at the end of the month but fancied a change going to Iberostar Tucan.
Hi Bejay we went to iberostar tucan 2 years ago, must say you wont be disapointed, we have traveled , a lot and must say this hotel beats the lot, entertainment excellent, food excellent, situation excellent, staff excellent would love to go back one day when I can afford it. Go and enjoy.
Agree totally about the Tucan, we had an amazing holiday there about 5 years ago now, would go back in a heartbeat. Enjoy :cheers
We have been to Mexico on several occasions and we stayed in the Tequila last summer. Out of all of the hotels we have stayed in the area this one had the best food, restaurant & services. We even preferred it over the Tucan. I can't understand how a hotel can go downhill so much in the space of a couple of months.

Unfortunately, Thomson's have removed this hotel from their brochure this year as we wanted to go back again.
Staceylc - don't understand what you mean about Thomson removing the Tequila from the brochure :que It's available online, just checked and it's there !
It's also in the Thomsons brochure and on their website.
In a recent discussion in the Thomson travel shop a member of staff commented that at times they had problems keeping track of some places. The TOs have several brochures and often do not list accommodation in a new brochure having transferred it to another. Not everyone is able to use the internet so can easily think a destination has been dropped.

fwh
Sorry, I should have said. you can book up until the end of April but then from May onwards it's not available at all. You can book the Riu Yucatan, which is across the road but we preferred the Tequila.
stacey, presuming we are talking about the same hotel, ClubHotel Riu Tequila, Playacar, you can book it on Thomsons website throughout and it's brochured through to April 2013.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.