Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We have never bothered buying the upgrade to AI.....althought we do like a drink we still felt it wouldnt work out for us. Not been on the Spirit, but last summer on the Celebration a pint of Stella was about £2.90, brandy and coke the same. Drinks are for some reason slightly cheaper than in Uk pubs.....so we worked out you would have to have 9 of those drinks per day.....to break even.....PLUS if you like Stronbow or branded spirits, you also had to pay a supplement.
"Drinks are for some reason slightly cheaper than in Uk pubs...."

Considering the drinks are all free of UK duty they should be MUCH cheaper than UK pubs!
Its free of UK duty all over Europe......and I have never yet seen a pint of stella or a branded spirit (e.g. courvoisier) in any holiday resort for less than at home in england! The point I was trying to make (perhaps not very well) is that your are a captive audience and they could charge what they want really.....as other cruise lines do!
Thanks for the info Fitzy2, that was about the figure we thought the drinks would cost, I agree about the price of Stella etc abroad, never seems any cheaper. :cheers
You're welcome Cherryblossom.....also forgot to mention, as far as I ma aware, there is NO option to upgrade once onboard..... :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.