General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
have you considered the canaries?

they have year round sunshine (i think im right in saying that the average temp never drops below 21o C? someone please correct me if im wrong!!) and the flight time is 4 - 4.5 hours depending on which island you go to.

i can personally recommend the iberostar papagayo on lanzarote and the iberostar costa calero also on lanzarote gets good reviews. But fuerteventura has great beaches which people say are on a par to the carribean there are several iberostar hotels in jandia on fuerteventura or there is also the barcelo or riu hotel chains which are all a good standard. ( http://www.barcelo.com & http://www.riu.com )

however you may find that all inclusive in european hotels is not as extensive as you are used to in carribean. e.g i know in most 4* carribean hotels you get a mini bar or fridge filled with drinks in your rooms in europe you may get the fridge but you will have to pay for it to be filled with drinks it wont be part of the all inc. package.

hope that helps abit!!

fatcodycat 8)
** Edit to fix broken links. luci HT Mod **
Have a look on the Turkey forum. There are some great AI hotels there and in summer the weather is very reliable.
The Iberostar Creta Mare / Creta Panorama (run as one hotel presently)on Crete (Rethmynon) though only 4* is an excellent AI.

...I would give it 5*s anytime !!

:D
dave corbo.. why don't you try Taurito Princess in Gran Canaria. Very nice AI hotel.. the only downside is the resort is a little quiet ( if you like noisy resorts that is.. it suits us to a T) it is 4*, and worth every penny. Hotel provides free bus service daily to other resorts Puerto Rico and Puerto Mogan and also sometimes to Maspalomas ( i think a couple of times a week).

I don't know if you have kids or not.. but if you do, my kids loved Lanzarote Bay in Costa Teguise.
The only AI hotel we've stayed at in Europe that came anywhere near the Iberostar Paraiso was the WOW Kremlin Palace nr Antalya, Turkey (Thomas Cook). The worst AI we have stayed at was the Iberostar Phenicia in Tunisia so don't be tempted with that one!
hi...davecorbo.... :) have just booked the iberostar isla canela in costa de luz,.for two weeks all inclusive for end of september,.on my return i will let you know my thoughts on it..........regards.........john-doe
Try the Iberostar Costa Calero in Puerto Calero, Lanzarote.

Just returned from there last week and had a fab time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.