Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Smart shorts should be fine, that is what most people wear. :sun
What hotel are you going to ?
hi we are going to Palm beach do you know it? Havent read many reviews never been to carribean before, never done all inclusive before so its all new to us. I understand it is very reasonable to eat out so we probably will a bit as well. Thanks for the reply any way jude
I've requested the Palm Beach be added to the reviews section.

Hotel website HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi jude :wave

Sorry I don't know it, as there are no reviews on HT so far you could try asking for information from this MI dedicated website -

http://www.margaritaislandguide.com/phpbb/index.php

I assume it is the Palm Beach Carribean hotel :?: if so you will find a lot of reviews and also pictures here -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g316061-d459911-r8267635-Palm_Beach_Caribbean_Hotel-Margarita_Island_Coastal_Islands.html

I am sure you will enjoy MI, if you get a chance you must do the Angel Falls tour, it is amazing.

Graham
hi Graham cheers for that have you any idea what the trip would cost approx? best place to book and best way to pay cards or cash? also do you do either a 1 or 2 day trip? sooooo many questions! thanks in advance Jude
Hi Jude

There is a lot of info re the Angel Falls trip on this forum including some links to pictures -
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=29527&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

You can pay for the trips by either cash or cards, the cost is quite high, approx $320 pp for the day trip and $450 pp for the overnight trip.
Both trips are well worth the money though.

You can book online (the links are on the above forum pages) or book with your rep at the hotel.
We booked with the First Choice rep and it was just about the same price and was hassle free, the choice is really yours.

Graham
Hi Jude,

We were out in Margarita Island earlier this year, we took all U.S. dollars with us, you get a good exchange rate over there, we were getting 3,300 bolivers to the dollar off our local tour operator (not our travel agent) as oposed to 2,100 at the hotel or banks. It's advised not to use your card to get money, as you don't get a very good rate and you have to pay charges. Many people have reported that their cards have been cloned, and have lost a considerable amount of money through this.

You'll have a great holiday, please do a report when you come back.

Regards,

Wendy
Hi,

Sorry forgot to say that we used Marcos as our local tour operator, he charged us 420 US dollars each for the 2 day Orinoco Delta/Angel Falls Canaima tour, and 50 US dollars each for the island tour. He's a great chap very obliging, can't fault him.

Wendy
hi wendy so where would we find marcus?? i am totally confused about this trip even though we intend to do it should we do the day or over night or whatever. We are travelling with our adult son and daughter who live away from home so we thought we would do the trip as our treat for Christmas. As we never all get together very often it is quiet special to me so I would like to do the best thing if you know what I mean. I am not sure I know what I mean but it is unlikely to be repeated us all being away on a family bonding holiday again so I would like to try and get some of it right!!!! :lol: thanks for your advise anyway Jude
Hi Jude,

I emailed Marcos a couple of months before we went, then he emailed me back and arranged a time and place to meet.

I'd be afraid to put his email address on here in case it would be classed as advertising. If you want, send me a personal message, because if you're like me you'll have 101 questions you would like answered.

Regards,

Wendy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.