General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I would say so. Also Sharm is a funny one, most people like it, but for some bizarre reason when people dont like it they really seem to hate it for soem reason, rather than just feel a bit indifferent to it.

Most of the hotels if theya re 4* plus are to a really high standard, in terms of the buildings, the swimming pools, the grounds, landscaping and the size of the sites they are on. So that in itself can be pretty impessive, where it can fall down a bit is things like service, the staff are always very, very willing, but they won't have been trained in the same way as some other Countries. Don't think they have many hotel and catering colleges in Cairo. 50% live below the poverty line they come to Sharm and work about 30 days and then go back to Cairo for a week.

Have a great time.

Doe :sun2
We always look for a recurring problem . A few years ago we had booked an AI place in Fuerteventura, after booking people kept commenting that the kids had got chemical burns from the pool. This worried us as it went on for about two months. First Choice informed us of a change to the hotel description a month before travel and we took this opportunity to swap holidays.

To be honest you will most likely get bored with the food, Its inevitable really as your eating in the same place night in night out.
Some reviewers see the repetition as bad and it casts a bad light on there review.

I would say 1/2 per 10 is pretty good going for AI
I agree that a lot of the complaints are about the food - it does tend to get repetitive after a while but you've got to remember they're catering for all tastes and usually for a pretty low cost.

I also think that some people have very high expectations, eg some people pay three star prices and want five star service!!

Jak xx
Very true, you hear it all the time guests saying 'the food was nearly the same throughout the 2 weeks'.
We will be staying at a 3 star hotel in Sharm, St Georges

10 good to 1 or 2 bad is a decent ratio I reckon!

It's interesting to read the bad reviews carefully.
Some things I'd watch for:-
You may see that the reviewer had a bad airport arrival experience or bad flight - and then that seems to colour their whole view of the holiday!
Look at how old the reviews are - obviously more recent, more relevant.
Look at WHO is reviewing - young teens who enjoy 18/30 type places eg Malia or Kavos - might not enjoy places where life is just a tad slower or where the typical guests are a little older.
Check whether the reviewer has ever reviewed anywhere else
- they may be a real misery expecting 5 star luxury for a 3 star price.

Actually I went to the St George in 2010, and I reviewed it, mostly favourably.
Down side - it's a fairly long way from anywhere, nowhere near a beach, but there's a free bus.
Up side, the food is pretty good (though chip addicts might disagree) and the staff are great.
Take your pint glass with you if you are a beer drinker - the plastic ones in the hotel are tiny.
There's a lively pool, and a completely separate "quiet" pool in a different part of the hotel.
When I went the guests were mainly Brits, few Russians, unlike most Sharm hotels these days.

And my motto -
I reckon wherever one goes, if you don't enjoy a holiday, you probably didn't try hard enough!
Thanks ukbill.

Glad that it won't be chips all the time, although my son is a fussy eater, he will not eat spicy food, or most salad. What sort of food do they do at st Georges?

We've never been all inclusive before, primarily because of this reason, but thought we'd give it a try.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.