Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Pippa,like anywhere in Spain the weather can change year on year but for the last two we have had fantastic weather at that time.For the last two months 26c has been the norm during the day as long as the sun is out.We have had a few bad days when the sun wasn't and it rained and the wind blew.
Almeria is the warmest and driest place in Europe and is a designated dessert.
At this time of year in my opinion there is only one place to go in Almeria where there is still some entertainment even though this is low key,Mojacar.
Thank you for the info. Any suggestions on where we might stay?? We do like a sea view.

Pippa
Whilst you are waiting for some personal recommendations, why not check out our review section HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi Pippa,many of Mojacar's hotels are up to 7km away from what entertainment there is and taxis are a nightmare to get.
I would suggest the "Indalo Hotel" Its busyish all year and a lot of Spanish stay there in the winter so its a real experience rather than being in a 100% Brit filled hotel.

You are welcome to check any hotel out with me before you book,John.

P.S.The Indalo is 3 star but if you are willing to go less stars then there are some other options which are also close to most of Mojacar's limited nightlife..........

PPS.Dont be tempted to take out an all inclusive deal its not worth it and you can eat out here for next to nothing............
Hi Pippa,

Daytime:- Almeria can be sunny in January and February. In fact it is a good time of the year in which to visit - very few people about compared with the rest of the year. Be warned though, you can (and probably will) have some heavy rain and wind. You will even see the occasional peson swimming in the sea.

Night-time:- After 9pm it is very cold, I mean as cold as it would be in the UK. Warm clothing would definitely be a 'must' at night.

Beachcomber is right - some of the hotels are quite far from Mojacar Playa. There is a local bus service, but while you are on a holiday you don't need to be waiting for one to arrive. Forget about the taxi service. The Pueblo Indalo hotel is always closed in from around Nov - March incl.

Also, some of the bars/restaurants close for their holidays during Jan/Feb. Many remain open and there are enough restaurants/bars to cater for your needs.

All-in-all it is a healthy place in which to spend the Winter months. There is a bit of good 'bonding' among the ex-pats there. The beer is cheaper, dining-out is nearly as cheap as cooking the meals yourself. It is a great place to chill out.

If you have decided to go and still have not secured accommodation, please 'pm' me and I will supply you with some options and a choice of apartment accommodation to suit your requirements.
Beachcomber is right - some of the hotels are quite far from Mojacar Playa. There is a local bus service, but while you are on a holiday you don't need to be waiting for one to arrive. Forget about the taxi service. The Pueblo Indalo hotel is always closed in from around Nov - March incl.

Just in case Leprosy was refering to the hotel I mentioned "The Indalo" and not the "Pueblo Indalo" he mentioned,the former is usually open all year except if closed for any refurbs,John.

P.S.Leprosy is right about the weather and a -3c has been recorded during the night in the area but rain is not normal even in the winter months and this can be seen by the colour of the hills,grey,and the vegetation,very little. But always be prepared as it can be cold and wet as Leprosy says,John.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.