Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
unfortunately we only have one review of it here and it isn't that great. Perhaps members can tell you a bit more about the position of it and give their impressions.
There is a similar named one in Candolim so you will need to be specific if using a taxi from the airport
Is the Alor the one which used to be called Dom Francisco ? the sister hotel of Dona Alcina. If so it's in a great location near to everything on the Candolim Road. If it is that one (won't go into too much detail incase it isn't) we stayed there a few years ago. First room was terrible and dreary so we asked to me moved and the second one was quite nice. It's quite a big hotel with a fairly big pool. It was pretty basic but only basic in the way that most 2 star Goan hotels are. I've heard very mixed reports about it but it wasn't too bad when we were there and as said before it's in a good location.
Sim1

The Alor in Candolim (Dom Fransicso as was) is totally different to the one in Calungute. I would advise against staying at the one in Candolim but this does not help tangotaurian.

Candybabe
TT - have stayed in the Alor which is next to calangutes modern football pitch and a short walk ( through) the paradise village to the beach and ten min walk to calangute - We always had good stays here before we got our own place and the managers and staff are first Class and we still see one of the taxi drivers named Polly regularly and consider him to be one of our closest friends. Things may have changed since they took on their new hotel in candolim (Alor Grand) which currently seems a bit of a disaster (although to be fair it was one of the worst in candolim to start with!!), but if you get to the check in first - insist if possible that you are given one of the rooms in the new "ish" block overlooking the gardens on the left front as you arrive - get a prepaid taxi at the airport and get to the alor before the bus!! Hope this helps, Brian - Candolim.
BAM, Sim1, Candybabe: Thanx a lot for ur help. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.