Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
the most interesting beach I have been to is in Rio- Ipanema. There was so much going on. Also you can do all your shopping without leaving your sunbed. We had a great Easter there. However, it was a few years ago and i think the exchange rate has meant it is no longer cheap. I particularly remember the dress made from ring pulls :rofl and the pineapple man scaring the life out of dozing folks. Waves are a bit frightening though.
Bali has beach shacks but nothing is the same as Goa. Bali is really cheap though. I liked the beaches as you shared them with the locals and it was really interesting watching fishing, net and boat mending, kids flying home made kites... Food on the beach is good and cheap. Bali is probably my favourite place that I have visited.
Thailand also has great places to eat on the beach and its also cheap. Hotels are of higher quality but you can still get beach huts.
I think Vietnam and Cambodia are worth looking at. We didn't go to beach resorts there but I loved the laid back nightlife and the food. We will go back and probably find a beach resort after some siteseeing.
We spent approx 3 days Siem Reap then flew to Phnom Penh and got the Mekong Express bus straight up the motorway (4 hours) the same day and spent several days at Sihanoukville. This is where we stayed ..literally 2 minutes straight onto Serendipity Beach http://www.reefresort.com.kh/

Our room
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2860/img0543small.jpg

Beach

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6084/img0546small.jpg

We then caught the Mekong Express back to Phnom Penh where we spent a couple of nights - S21, Killing Fields, Foreign Correspondents Club etc...then back to Bangkok.
Thanks for the info BB...and the recommendation.
Bookmarked the hotel, and now on my list for next year :-)
We also went to Cambodia and it was amazing. The beach scene in Sihanoukville is the closest to Goa I have seen.

We loved our trip but the downside is it does involve a lot of travelling even to just get there. If it was as easy as Goa to get to we would be back every year. Visa takes a few minutes online for $20.

Hotel and guesthouse standards better than Goa as well.

The people have been through so much and are really very nice. Not yet spoiled by us tourists.

Papa
Thanks Betty. The photos really help, it looks lovely.
Thanks everyone, what are the prices like? Also I have been told that there are alot of dog farms, did you see anything, as that would spoil my holiday, but it sounds like a change, and it looks good.
Been To Sihanoukville 3 time's and really enjoyed it, stayed in the Reef Resort and that was great. The price's I would say is a little cheaper than Goa but I'm sure that will change soon when more tourist start to go or if they ever open the long awaited airport. We find it a very relaxing holiday as there is not alot to do apart from relax no shopping to be had if that's what people like, plenty of restuarant's to eat at and never had a bad meal from any of then. We will most certainly be going back maybe sooner if we keep getting moved all the time off our sunbed's this year really can't be doing with the hassle.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.