Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
altinkum market
9 Posts
i think its something to do with the police training college i think or something like that

suzie
The answer to your question is that it is living quarters for military families. Les
Hi Suzie, I asked my estate agent and they told me, and yes, you were certainly on the right track.

Les :cheers
What day is Altinkum market on? Will it still be on the same day in October?
The market is on every saturday, in fact, we will be there tomorrow morning and yes, it will be on as it is not put on just for tourists. There is also Mavisehir market which is on every night from 5pm, this is only a short dolmus ride away. You pick up the dolmus on Ataturk Boulevard. All the best.

Les
How far is that evening market in mavisehir from marmaris?
Hi paulandmarie, sorry for not getting too you sooner but i've just returned from Altinkum, anyway, Mavisehir is a very long way from Marmaris but if it isn't too late, then I recommend you go to Icmeler market on wednesday. For Mavisehir you would need to holiday in Altinkum but for what it is worth, being the end of the season it was a waste of time going as there wasn't the stalls there that you would get in high season. Hope you enjoy your holiday to Marmaris and welcome to HT. All the best.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.